EAD renewal

salonichand

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My current EAD's expiration date is:02/04/09 under C-8 category...I just went through USCIS website wherein I found processing times for EAD in this category is 3 months....So I would like to confirm from my friends in this portal few questions to be more clear those who hv recently renewed their EAD...coz renewal instructions hv not been given clearly.

1. Is this the appropriate time to apply for renewal of my EAD right now?

2. Fees: $ 340 ? as this is the first renewal coz initial one was free.

3.Paper work remains the same as initial EAD with front & back copy of last EAD?

Thanks....

Hi,
My current EAD's expiration date is:02/04/09 under C-8 category...I just went through USCIS website wherein I found processing times for EAD in this category is 3 months....So I would like to confirm from my friends in this portal few questions to be more clear those who hv recently renewed their EAD...coz renewal instructions hv not been given clearly.

3.Paper work remains the same as initial EAD with front & back copy of last EAD?

Thanks....

Do you have unrestricted SSN? If you do you don't need EAD unless your employer wanna be on the safe side. Asylees and Refugees are authorized to work in the United States. EAD is an evidence of such authorization. But I might be wrong.

Disregard my last message. You are C 8 (Pending Asylum)
You have to renew it and pay the fee.
My initial EAD was free as well and was issued same day at Asylum Office.

I think the most recent change for EAD c8ii and c8i is the processing time. It is 3 months now. If I were you, I would apply for it 3 months before your current c8 gets expired.
Is your EAD based on c8i or c8ii?

Hi Dear Assylum, I am not clear about C8i/C8ii yet. My case is still pending as have a final hearing next year mid but I got my initial EAD with C-8 regular category only not under special ABC procedures...Is this what u wanted to know? If it is okay I will apply for renewal on Monday itself as have left only 3 months...I guess paper works remain the same as initial EAD application, only addition is fees...

Hi,

Thanks....

What do you mean by 02/04/09 expiration date? Do you mean 2010?

Hi Dear Assylum, I am not clear about C8i/C8ii yet. My case is still pending as have a final hearing next year mid but I got my initial EAD with C-8 regular category only not under special ABC procedures...Is this what u wanted to know? If it is okay I will apply for renewal on Monday itself as have left only 3 months...I guess paper works remain the same as initial EAD application, only addition is fees...

Just like Uncle Joe said, renew it.