EAD Renewal

Positive4GC

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I applied my 3rd EAD in July 06. Received date is 07/24 and notice date is 07/26. There are couple of LUDs on 9th and 10th of august without any change in the message. My current EAD is valid till 10/20. Should I count 90 days from received date or notice date.

Starting October, local uscis centers would not have interim EADs. If I do not get my 3rd EAD before that date, can I get an interim EAD at my local office. I'm very much concerned now....Please reply.....

Call USCIS

Positive4GC said:
Guys,
I applied my 3rd EAD in July 06. Received date is 07/24 and notice date is 07/26. There are couple of LUDs on 9th and 10th of august without any change in the message. My current EAD is valid till 10/20. Should I count 90 days from received date or notice date.

Starting October, local uscis centers would not have interim EADs. If I do not get my 3rd EAD before that date, can I get an interim EAD at my local office. I'm very much concerned now....Please reply.....

Hi Positive4GC, I am in the same boat. Filed EAD renewal on June 19 (my attorny sent it to NSC rather than VSC). Got transferred to VSC on July 27th. Went to local DO and IEAD got denied because it is still not 90 days yet. Rep told me I am eligible for IEAD on Sep 23rd but they will not issue IEAD starting Sep1. My understanding is, they will accept IEAD on Sep 23rd and forward it to VSC for processing. God only knows how much time VSC will take to issue IEAD. Interesting part is, I called USCIS (VSC) yesterday to see what was going on with my case. First of all their automated system couldnot find my case (I received a trasfer receipt from VSC). Rep was able to pull my EAD renewal application and she asked me whether I have done my 2nd FP? I told her neither my attorny nor myself received any notice for FP. She verified that FP notice is not yet issued but I need a FP to get EAD approval. I got EAD LUD on 08/09 and 08/10 (even for my 485). Then I asked her whether she could force FP notices to be sent to me. She said, I cannot do anything about forcing FP/expediting it and advised me to wait. Now, I know my EAD will not be approved unless I take my FP. Not sure if I can go for local DO without letter from USCIS to request FP? I suggest you to call USCIS and ask them whether you need a FP?

saffronizeddesi said:
Hi Positive4GC, I am in the same boat. Filed EAD renewal on June 19 (my attorny sent it to NSC rather than VSC). Got transferred to VSC on July 27th. Went to local DO and IEAD got denied because it is still not 90 days yet. Rep told me I am eligible for IEAD on Sep 23rd but they will not issue IEAD starting Sep1. My understanding is, they will accept IEAD on Sep 23rd and forward it to VSC for processing. God only knows how much time VSC will take to issue IEAD. Interesting part is, I called USCIS (VSC) yesterday to see what was going on with my case. First of all their automated system couldnot find my case (I received a trasfer receipt from VSC). Rep was able to pull my EAD renewal application and she asked me whether I have done my 2nd FP? I told her neither my attorny nor myself received any notice for FP. She verified that FP notice is not yet issued but I need a FP to get EAD approval. I got EAD LUD on 08/09 and 08/10 (even for my 485). Then I asked her whether she could force FP notices to be sent to me. She said, I cannot do anything about forcing FP/expediting it and advised me to wait. Now, I know my EAD will not be approved unless I take my FP. Not sure if I can go for local DO without letter from USCIS to request FP? I suggest you to call USCIS and ask them whether you need a FP?

did you file EAD application electronically or paper filing? we sent our EAD and AP to NSC on Aug 3 and there was LUD on Aug 10. AFter that nothing happened. By the way our I-485 has been transferred from VSC TO NSC on July 13, 2006 and we are not sure whether the physical file has reached NSC or not. do you think i should call NSC and ask about our FP?

Fp

madgu-gc2005 said:
did you file EAD application electronically or paper filing? we sent our EAD and AP to NSC on Aug 3 and there was LUD on Aug 10. AFter that nothing happened. By the way our I-485 has been transferred from VSC TO NSC on July 13, 2006 and we are not sure whether the physical file has reached NSC or not. do you think i should call NSC and ask about our FP?

Mine was paper filing. If your previous FP was greater than or equals/close to 15 months, then I would say yes. Otherwise, you do not need to contact them. The only reason I want people to be very careful about FP is, sometimes USCIS sends you FP notices but they get lost in mail etc..whch will cause NOID or denial of pendng 485.

How you can be careful about uncontrollable things - such as FP notice sent to you. I read in some posts that somebody kept calling to USCIS and begging to sent him FP notice because his time was out of 15 month - and he never received and his I-485 was denied because of not showing for FP.

I have the same problem as you guys. My 2EAD will expire 10/26

PD 01/17/03-(EB-1OPR)-non-retrogressed country
I-140 Approved 11/04 (non-concurent)
I-485 pending 12/2004
FP (code 3) - 03/05
3EAD -07/25/06 LUD 08/09/, 08/10/06 - silence.............

saffronizeddesi said:
Mine was paper filing. If your previous FP was greater than or equals/close to 15 months, then I would say yes. Otherwise, you do not need to contact them. The only reason I want people to be very careful about FP is, sometimes USCIS sends you FP notices but they get lost in mail etc..whch will cause NOID or denial of pendng 485.

We got our FP done (code 3) second week of October 2005 and it is surprising to me that before we got our FP done our first AP and EAD got approved. So do you think I should wait for some time then start calling NSC about FP.

Uscis

nsch said:
How you can be careful about uncontrollable things - such as FP notice sent to you. I read in some posts that somebody kept calling to USCIS and begging to sent him FP notice because his time was out of 15 month - and he never received and his I-485 was denied because of not showing for FP.

I have the same problem as you guys. My 2EAD will expire 10/26

PD 01/17/03-(EB-1OPR)-non-retrogressed country
I-140 Approved 11/04 (non-concurent)
I-485 pending 12/2004
FP (code 3) - 03/05
3EAD -07/25/06 LUD 08/09/, 08/10/06 - silence.............

That is how USCIS work. They cannot take blame for their mistake. Even if they do, you will have to wait 30 days to get an answer from them.

No, you do not need FP2

madgu-gc2005 said:
We got our FP done (code 3) second week of October 2005 and it is surprising to me that before we got our FP done our first AP and EAD got approved. So do you think I should wait for some time then start calling NSC about FP.

Your first FP is still valid, I would say wait.

Our EAD got approved :) on Sept.1, 2006 (checked online status around 3 am on Sept.2, 06). Took 23 days to get approved. We got our first card in 2 weeks time (before our FP was done).

Good luck to those waiting for EAD approval.

what is an LUD change? is this the message that is displayed online when searched for case status using the receipt number ???