EAD Renewal

ptr2477

Registered Users (C)
All,

I finally got my EAD, but look like I may have to renew it pretty soon. It was approved October 2005 and will expire in Oct 2006. Since I did my FP couple of weeks ago, I just got the EAD in my hand. Thanks to all of you who suggested doing a walk-in FP. I have couple more questions now:
RD: August 20, 2005 (130, 485, 765) H1B married to USC
FP: Jan 15, 2006
EAD approved: Jan28, 2006

1) Do you think I have a good chance of getting my GC before Oct 2006 so that I don't have to renew this EAD.
2) If I have to renew the EAD, how soon I should apply for it?
3) If I apply to renew it, do I have to do FP again?
4) Which one is easy and fast: e-file or paper
5) Is the application procedure for EAD renewal the same as the original?

Thanks!
PTR

1) Do you think I have a good chance of getting my GC before Oct 2006 so that I don't have to renew this EAD.
Where is your DO? It depends on your DO. My process took only 7 months, some people here took from 80 days to 2-3 years so no exact time frame.

3) If I apply to renew it, do I have to do FP again?
FP renewal is depending on how long your process is not your EAD. It only valid for 1 year so if your application process takes more than 1 year, you might have to renew your FP again.

4) Which one is easy and fast: e-file or paper
e-file

5) Is the application procedure for EAD renewal the same as the original?
Yes

Thank you Mikew151 for your answers. My DO is Detroit, MI. Do you know how soon I should apply for the renewal EAD? I was thinking since we can get an iEAD after 90 days, I should apply 4 months before the actual expiry date.

Any advice?