EAD Renewal

Neil K

Registered Users (C)
VSC takes 60-90 days to process EAD Renewal application. How many days in advance we can send a EAD Renewal application to VSC? Any idea...Can we send 120 days in advance so that it arrives before the current one expires?

No Title

Yes, you can do it. I apply for my EAD renewal in July 2000. My EAD expiry date is Nov 2000. I got my renewal in 30 days. Good news is that VSC renew your card from the same date when your old EAD is going to be expired.

No Title

Thanks a lot mirfandar for your prompt reply. I will go ahead and file my renewal in November 1st week itself as my EAD is expiring on March 5, 2001.

No Title

Hi mirfandar ,
can you please give me some more details on how to renew it? The fee , application , photos, and the address where to send.... Mine is expiring on March 31,2001. Are u sure that renewal date is after the old EAD expiration date. Someone told me that u will loose time if we apply before. Is it true?
If u renew for AP(Advance Paroll), please give the details for the same.
Thanks

No Title

Hi Mirfandar,

One quick question? Did you renew EAD on your own or you sent your application through your attorney? Also, please let me know what all documents you sent along with the renewal application.

Thank You.

No Title

Hi Guys,
Can we do the EAD renewal at the local INS office?
It seems to be much faster.
Let me know if feasible or if INS will raise a question!!

No Title

You can get it done at some of the local INS offices. You have to find it out whether your local office issues employment based EADs or not. In Philadelphia they issue it on the same day.

No Title

Hi
You can download the form I-765 from www.Ins.usdoj.gov web site, two photos (The description of photos is mentioned in instruction of this form), Old copy of EAD and I-485 receipt. You also need to attached $ 100 check. if you are also applying for your spouse then you need to write single check of $ 200. But you have to fill two application and attched all the documents with your spouse application as mentioned above.

If you apply in VSC then you don\'t lose. Its my personal experience and I am positive about it. The copy of this new EAD is infront of me. My old EAD is going to be expired on 22 Nov and issue date on this new EAD is 22 Nov 2000 and valid untill 21 Nov 2001.

You are right,you will loose if you apply for AP. You lose your days. They didn\'t issue from the same day or next day when your old AP expired. So for AP only apply at the time when you really need it.

No Title

I did it myself. You need to fill I-765 aplication with signature card. 2 Photos, I-485 receipt (photo copy), Copy of old EAD and $ 100 for fees thats it. Then don\'t forget to mail all this stuff to VSC. I don\'t have the address right now but you can get the address of VSC very easily.

No Title

You need the I-765 form with signatur card. you can get it by calling INS National customer service 800 number.

No Title

That was great. After you applied, did you get any sort of conformation from VSC like receipt notice with EAC number on it? OR you just found out from the date of encashing of your check that your application is processed or under process.

Did you submit the copy of your I-94? Because EAD application instructions mention that as one of the required documents.

Thank You.