EAD Renewal

Empty808

My EAD Expired on 2/29/04. I have applied for a renewal on 2/20/04.
My lawyer informed me I can carry on working while my EAD application is pending. Hope this is correct as I dont want to break any laws.
Can anybody confirm this??
Thanks

If you work using EAD, of course NOT. Your EAD has already expired, seems you are working ILLEGALLY. Be carefule in dealing with this.

Hi,
I faced similar situation. I would say it is better to take unpaid vacation. In my case, my employment was terminated by the Company and they rehired me once I got the Interim EAD.
I think it is not legal to work when the EAD expires unless you have a valid H1. I was suggested by couple of attorneys to be out of payroll for that period.

Sri2003

Your attorney is no good!! He has given you wrong information. YOU CANNOT WORK WITH A EAD RECEIPT.

Search for posts on this issue on this forum and the EAD forum

This happen to my 2nd EAD renew

My company filed my EAD 2nd EAD renew 30 days before expire, I have to be out of payroll for 10 weeks while waiting for the I-EAD at home. I continue to work from home, but didn't get paid.

So this time when I renew my 3rd EAD, I submit the paper work 6 months before expire, it was approved in 7 weeks!

If you have valid H-1, you can continue to work, but I terminated my H-1 when I had EAD, I should have keep on H-1. Oh, well, just try to remember to renew EAD in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I-485 WAC02-046

EAD Approved

Just checked online and my EAD (1st renwal) has been approved.
Details as follows

Wac 041015xxxx
Receipt Notice 03/10/04
Approval date 04/14/04

Re: This happen to my 2nd EAD renew

Originally posted by ImmigrateMe
My company filed my EAD 2nd EAD renew 30 days before expire, I have to be out of payroll for 10 weeks while waiting for the I-EAD at home. I continue to work from home, but didn't get paid.

So this time when I renew my 3rd EAD, I submit the paper work 6 months before expire, it was approved in 7 weeks!

If you have valid H-1, you can continue to work, but I terminated my H-1 when I had EAD, I should have keep on H-1. Oh, well, just try to remember to renew EAD in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I-485 WAC02-046

Hi ImmigrateMe,

Would please let me know if the beginning date for your 3rd EAD is from the approval date or the previous expiration date?

Thanks.,
spr2003