EAD Renewal

cyngm25

Registered Users (C)
Hi there:

I was wondering if I can renew my EAD personally in the Local Federal Plaza office. My case was transferred there last Dec 31st and I was about to renew it to Vermont but my lawyer said I can do it personally in NYC. I am really not sure if that can be done right now. EAD expires in 60 days =(

Originally posted by cyngm25
Hi there:

I was wondering if I can renew my EAD personally in the Local Federal Plaza office. My case was transferred there last Dec 31st and I was about to renew it to Vermont but my lawyer said I can do it personally in NYC. I am really not sure if that can be done right now. EAD expires in 60 days =(
No you can not.What you should do is send your renewal application to them.I did that.My case was transferred 01/06/03 to a 26 Federal Plaza.You only can go there for a iEAD if 90 days passed and you do not receive your EAD in the mail.

Re: Tata2003

Thanks for the info. I just mailed my renewal form. May I ask how long did it take you to get your EAD card?

Thanks again.

Cynthia

Re: Re: Tata2003

Thanks for the info. I just mailed my renewal form. May I ask how long did it take you to get your EAD card?

Thanks again.

Cynthia
Our RD is 12/10/03 and ND is 12/29/04,they changed the online message on 01/28/04 saying that "after approving this case on 01/28/04 we order your card and we will mail it to you as soon as it is ready"...but the online message changed only for my husband and our kids,i dont know why but they didn't approved mine yet...This is our 3rd EAD,all others they used to approved we all together.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Tata2003

Thanks. This is my third EAD too.
They approved mine yesterday,as per online message...changed yesterday.They alresdy mailed my husband's and son's...on february 3,online message changed yesterday too.
We are holping they are mailing EAD along with interview appointment letter....Can that be possible???

Re: tata

I hope that is possible. It would be such a good news for you if that were the case. I guess you have been waiting for 3-4 years now huh? I filed I485 (employment based) February 2002.

Have a good week.

Re: Re: tata

I hope that is possible. It would be such a good news for you if that were the case. I guess you have been waiting for 3-4 years now huh? I filed I485 (employment based) February 2002.

Have a good week.
Thanks for your support.Its been 3 long years.I hope we all get done with it by the middle of the year.

Hi, Tata2003:
did you filed your EAD renewal online or the traditional paper filing? I was not sure where to mail the renewal before, NYC or MSC, so I did e-file, but I couldn't get the appointment for photos, fringerprints, the ASC were full. now I am stop here. my case was transferred to MSC last Oct. and this is my 3rd EAD too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by lgwait
Hi, Tata2003:
did you filed your EAD renewal online or the traditional paper filing? I was not sure where to mail the renewal before, NYC or MSC, so I did e-file, but I couldn't get the appointment for photos, fringerprints, the ASC were full. now I am stop here. my case was transferred to MSC last Oct. and this is my 3rd EAD too.
Our case was transferred from VSC to NY local office about 13 months ago to be schedule for a interview.I sent our applications for our 3rd EAD renewal to NY but they forward our application to MSC .About 20 days later,MSC sent us a notice for biometrics,I called USCIS to schedule an appointment for biometrics as requested by MSC,we got that appointment scheduled for 2 weeks later.Our Ead was approved in less than 2 months.
Process date:02/07/2001
485 RD:02/15/2002
First FP:04/18/02
1stEAD:march/2002
2ndEAD:march/2003
3rdEAD:february/2004