EAD renewal within 90 Days -- Dallas Office?

gclifetime

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am not sure where my case is. The inquiry came back saying that "the case is in TX service center and for any further contact contact dallas district office"

I applied for EAD renewal on Apr1st to miami local office. (It was with miami before and i got my ead with them before). My current ead expires on end of May. Can I go for a walkin to Dallas office ( My current address is in CA) to get an EAD within 90 days time.

Did anyone got their EAD within 90days by going to the Dallas office? Any experiences or suggestions will help me a lot.

Thanks

I don't have a direct answer to your question.. In general, it is not very easy to get an interim card within 90 days of your application, and you applied less than a month ago... But it never hurts to try..

Did you apply by paper or by e-filing? I hear paper based application is very fast these days (a month on average, two months at most, with some unfortunate exceptions), and so if you filed by paper, you are likely to get your card by the end of May, if not earlier.

I filed by paper, but I am worried b's as they responded to me that my case in TX svc cnter and told me to contact DDO. My attorney firm is provided by my company and I don't think they have much experience in these. Until now no response from INS with any receipt number etc

How about the check? Has it been cleared?
No receipt/no cleared check is a good indication that your application has been lost god knows where. This has happened to me once in the past, though not with EAD application but with i-140 filing (they lost the original LC approval)!!

If you suspect the application is lost, you should re-file i-765, with a receipt of the certified mail used for the initial application. (I trust your lawyer used a certified mail for ead renewal) On your cover letter, explain the situation and the reason why you are reapplying. (That is what my lawyer did when we refiled our i-140, which was eventually approved, phew)

You've got 5 weeks. If you file by paper again, you might well get a card just in time. Hopefully, you will get a clear answer as to where you should (re)file your i-765 thist ime. (I think TSC, but you would want to double check this with a more reliable source!)

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: