EAD Renewal : Urgent Help Required

Feb2002Case

Registered Users (C)
Gentlemen,
I have to apply for EAD renewal and I went to Canada on Dec22,02 to get Permanent Residency. Came back to USA on 12/24/02. At border crossing INS officer did not change our I-94 forms and we still have old I-94 forms. On I-765 form there are two questions asking "when did you enter last" and "where did you enter last".

What should I answer for these questions? Should I answer what I have on I-94 ( which is last time when I returned from INDIA) or should I answer 12/24/02 and Canadian Border? Any help is thanked in advance.

ctabriz : Thanks for your suggestion and I was thinking the same too. But will it not be in conflict with I-94 form that I will submit. Also they don't have any record that I went to Canada as they did not record anything when I enetered US from Canada. It was just like paying toll. Officer took the passports while I was in my car, looked at it and returned back and started checking next car.

IMHO, would go with what was there on the I-94 since it will conflict with what info the INS has.

My 2Cents. Not a legal advise.

The best optionis to talk to an attorney regarding this. Because there is a probablity that they may have scanned your passport or something similar at point of entry viz. Canada.
And if they have not scanned anything and not stampped anywhere on your passport then youcan specify India.

Just my opinion

Lets think a head for just one minute.
the patroit act states that all non immigrants will at sometime need to register. So Canada will at sometime be on the list.

At present time there are many problems with registering, to me it is obvious that the INS is aware that they have made many mistakes on basic rules. And in an effort to correct the problem the combined untilization of registration and the patroit act, will at the very least filter out these mistakes.

The biggest problem is determining whether or not the mistake was INS error or based on fraudulant statements made by the non-immigrant and/ or if the mistake was known, but not based on fraud and no attempt to correct it was made by the non-immigrant. Why? And then back to who is to blame for the error.

One simple error can make the difference of status or no status. Then what is the right thing to do with someone that has not made any known fraudulent statements, and the INS is to blame for the error.

I know one thing for sure, if it is found that the non-immigrant made a false statement and caused the error they will not be confused about what to do them.

And so detaining people until it can be determined what/when/why and who made the error is what is happening.
(These are just my thoughts)

Now, you are faced with hoping that INS will not catch yet another error. When was your last entry into the U.S.?

My last entry into US from INDIA was in SEP,2002

They did not scan my passports or anything. Infact I told the office that I went to Canada to obtain "Canadian Permanent Residency". I was honest to the fullest. Officer walked to my car window, took the passports, asked few questions, peeked in the car, returned me the passports and wished mw a pleasent journey. If a situation arises there is no proof that I was honest answering his questions.

Now as per I-94 my last entry is in Sep,02 but actually I went out on Dec 22,02 and came back on Dec 24,02. Officer should have changed our I-94's (My friend told me they don't change I-94 if you are out for 1 or 2 days).

I am about to send my EAD renewals but am totally confused what to answer for "Last entry date and Place"

Last edited by a moderator: