EAD renewal: seperately or together

GCJourney

Registered Users (C)
HI Gurus,

I am going to file the 3rd EAD by self for my wife and me. Should we file seperately (i.e. in two envelops) or together?

thank you in advance.

You can file in same envelope but make the each package separate and clear in the cover letter that what documents are in your (Name) package and what is in spouse package
Write clearly out side the envelope in big bold letter” Forms I-765 for Employment authorization document (EAD) EXTENSION for self And Spouse

If your service center is NSC then also send color copies of your Driving license and first page of passport that has your photograph. VSC does not ask for these documents only NSC has stared asking these color copies few months’ back

Good Luck!!

Ginnu,

Thank you very much for the response.

I guess i have to attach two checks ($120 each), right? It is not a bad way for BCIS to make $$$ like this.

Concern on color copying the driver's license

Hi Ginnu,

How are you? You have mentioned in this thread that NSC requires a color copy of the driver's license. Now, upon applying for your EAD renewal, did NSC explicitly asked for a color copy of the driver's license?

I am a little concerned about this because I was advised by a representative at Kinko's that it's against the law to do so. According to this guy, you are only allowed to make black and white copy of it.

Thanks,

Ghareeb

Hi Ginnu,

You have mentioned in this thread that NSC requires a color copy of the driver's license. Now, upon applying for your EAD renewal, did NSC explicitly asked for a color copy of the driver's license?
--- Yes my friend got RFE from NSC to submit Color copy of DL and first page of Passport that has his photograph, DOB, Name PP #

I am a little concerned about this because I was advised by a representative at Kinko's that it's against the law to do so. According to this guy, you are only allowed to make black and white copy of it.
--- Only NSC can answer that question regarding Kinko’s, my friend got color copies from Staples, sent to NSC and got EAD

Thanks, Ginnu

Ginnu,

Thanks for your prompt reply!
This guy at Kinko was such a jerk about my attempt to copy the driver's license. Now, I think I am going to try Staple's.

I have one more question for you, Ginnu. I applied for my I-765 extension online and did not click the "Will send supporting documents" box. Now, should I send supporting documents anyway? Do you think it's wise to wait until I get some kind of RFE from NSC?

Thanks

Re: Thanks, Ginnu

Originally posted by Ghareeb
Ginnu,

Thanks for your prompt reply!
This guy at Kinko was such a jerk about my attempt to copy the driver's license. Now, I think I am going to try Staple's.

I have one more question for you, Ginnu. I applied for my I-765 extension online and did not click the "Will send supporting documents" box. Now, should I send supporting documents anyway? Do you think it's wise to wait until I get some kind of RFE from NSC?

Thanks

I have no experience of efiling, my friend sent all the documents by mail.