EAD renewal questions

I485_help

Registered Users (C)
Me & my husband are due for our EAD & AP renewals in June. We'd filed I-485 in June 2007. My Queries are:

1. Can we file EAD & AP renewal on our own or we need a lawyer?
2. I work on EAD & I entered the US on AP in February 2008, so what should I write on form for:
(i) Manner of entry:
(ii)Current immigration status

3. Which service center should we send the application to?

4. My husband works on H1 & is the primary applicant. Is it mandatory for him to apply for EAD renewal? If not, will he be eligible to apply it in future, i.e whenever needed? Will there be any issue due to lapse in renewal.

I would highly appreciate if someone can help me

Thanks!

1. Yes you can do it easily on your own. If you can fill out a grocery list, you can fill out I-765. As long as you know your name, your birthdate, your sex, place of birth, and the location and date you last entered the United States, you don't need a lawyer.

(i) Parolee
(ii) Adjustment of Status

3. Depends entirely on which state you live in. See the I-765 instructions.

4. It is not mandatory to apply for EAD renewal. He will be eligible as long as he has a properly pending I-485 application. I have no idea if you will find any 'issue' of "US News and World Report" in your mailbox, it depends on if you subscribe to it or not, but if you mean to ask if there will be problems, the answer is no, there won't be any problem due to lapse in renewal. EAD is not mandatory to have, it's just an optional privilege, same with AP.

Good luck.