EAD Renewal - Questions Pls. Help

Kat0520

Registered Users (C)
RD 8/8 ND 9/27

I was told that officer has requested RFE on 8/14. Have not received it yet. AVM is still playing the old tune (FP received etc.)

When my Lawyer called VT last week she was told that the RFE is in "Typing"

My EAD is expiring on 10/30. Sent documents to Lawyer in the last week on July. For the first time they were inefficient and sent it to Nebraska instead of VT. They sent a new application to VT and they assured me that it is ok. I was little skeptical but I accepted it.

I have not received the notice yet. Are you supposed to get any notice for renewals?

Can we ask IIO's if they have received the renewal application? Would they know?

How long does it take to get the EAD renewed?

Since my EAD is expiring on 10/30, Will they wait till the last week of October to sned me the new cards that is valid from 10/31/02 thru 10/30/03?

Any inputs are highly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
offcourse

They can tell your ead renewal status with you last name , so go ahead and call. Also, if u r doing so, ask about the rumours of 485 stalling, as we have heard today :)

I got the new EAD in 2 weeks. I guess the lawyer received the receipt notice. I got the
card before I received the receipt notice from lawyer.

Btw, Did you send the original form in which your original EAD was attached? B'cos
that will speedup your process.

They wont wait till your old card expires. They'll send your new card as soon as your Renewal Application is approved

EAD Approved

When I came home, I checked my e-mail and there was an e-mail from my attorney that my EAD was approved on Friday and it is on its way. She called VT to find out about my RFE which was requested on August 14th and it is still in "typing". :D