EAD Renewal Question

wxz0205nj

Registered Users (C)
My current EAD will expire on Mid October of 2003.

I mailed my I-765 application today (7/30/2003). BCIS will probably get it by 08/03/2003.

Based on current BCIS I-765 processing speed, what is approximate time frame that I can get the new card?

Thanks.

yudhister:

The document I submitted for I765 application were as follows:

I-765 Form,
Copy of passport and I94,
Two photos,
Copy of previous EAD approval mailer,
Check payable to BCIS Vermont center, and
Copy of I485 receipt notice

I keep a copy of everything I submitted. Hope this answer your question.

HiYudhister,
for documents required, please see page5 in the instructions. Have you not posted your application yet ? I have posted mine
two days back.

To wxz0205nj :
For most of the cases it is taking 2 months for EAD renewal approval. But you should have applied at the beginning of this month. I think you have to send a copy of actual EAD (both sides)
instead of EAD approval notice.

Originally posted by dsatish
passport copy is not required. I94 copy (both sides) is required.

I've seen RFEs for Color photo identification, so it doesn't harm if you submit passport copy.

wait time

I filed mine the RD was MAy 23rd 2003 it was approved on July 8th and the cards was with us within 10 days so i would say 2 months max on ead renewal

PD April 2000
RD June 17th 2002
FP July 24th 2002
AP No Comment!!!!

wxz0205nj,

Did you file EAD renewal by yourself or with the help of the lawyer. I am about to renew it and want to save some $$$ if possible.

thank you in advance.

Originally posted by wxz0205nj
yudhister:

The document I submitted for I765 application were as follows:

I-765 Form,
Copy of passport and I94,
Two photos,
Copy of previous EAD approval mailer,
Check payable to BCIS Vermont center, and
Copy of I485 receipt notice

I keep a copy of everything I submitted. Hope this answer your question.

GCJourney,

Do it yourself and spend the money on something else. It's not difficult to fill the form.

I have retern "PERMANENT RESIDENT APPLICANT
PENDING" in the form for both EAD and address change. My husband got his EAD. There is a option in the form for "PERMANENT RESIDENT" status, to that I added the words "APPLICANT
PENDING"

Hi,

I mailed my EAD renewwal on June 25th, the RD was july 8th and my eAD was approved on Aug 5th....less than a month...

FYI

Thx

Ead renewal

if i file my ead renewal online, it says i have to send only previous ead copy and receipt.
right?

Don't be so sure about quick renewal. My EAD app from 5.14.03, remains in limbo. At the end of 90 days, I got an interim EAD. So better to apply earlier rather than late.

I765 EAD online

Hello

Just want to let you know that I used the online application for I765 on 29 May 2003. The process was fairly simple and easy to use. Evidence needed was a copy of my I485 receipt, so this is all I submitted by mail the next day. There's no point in submitting any evidence not required by the application (it says in the instruction anyway, you just have to read it).

I setup an appointment for photo and fingerprint 2 days after lodging my online appication. I got the receipt from BCIS (VSC) on 6 June 2003, and a few days ago (20 Aug) I saw online that it was approved. I don't know how long it will take for the card to arrive though. I'm just happy that it was approved before Sept since I'm switching jobs and my H1B is expiring at the end of August.

Good luck!

math