EAD Renewal question

My/my wife's 485 cases are pending. We both got our EAD's (valid till June 2003).

My wife actually doesn't work. Our lawyer applied for her EAD when applying for 485.

Now I am planning to renew my EAD on my own. My question is if my wife is not planning to work now, do I still have to renew her EAD or just by having her adjustment of status case pending her stay is legal? Please clarify.

Also what are the documents that need to be sent? We live in VA and our cases are pending in Vermont Service Center.

Thanks.

I was in your place, I would renew spouse's EAD too. First no harm done in getting the renewal EAD and also it serves as a good piece of identification. And finally, it gives her the option to work , if need be. This is just my point of view.

I prepared/sent the renewal EAD app myself. Below is the list of docs I sent along with each app-

a. I-765 form
b. 2 pics
c. Copy of current EAD (front and back)
d. Copy of I-485 reciept
e. stub that comes with EAD - one that ins recomends to keep and send with renewal app (not mandatory but good to send)
f. Check of $120.00 made to INS
g. Copy of passport
h. Copy of I-94

My renewal app was approved Jan-02-03.

Hope this helps.

You don't need to renew your spouse EAD if she is not going to work. Since you filed I-485 she will be on status until a decision is made on your case.

Thanks for the responses. Have a few more questions.

I don't have copies of the immigration picture that I sent with the original 765 form (first time). Can I take another picture and use it for renewal?

To which address should I send the package? Which is recommended - Fedex or USPS?

How soon can I send the renewal application? My EAD expires in June 2003. Can I apply for renewal around January end?

Thanks again.

pvm

The photos you have to take new (you don't need old photos- in fact the photos you send has to be taken within last 30 days).

VSC Address (Its there in instruction of 765 itself)

INS Department of Justice, Eastern Service center
75 Lower Weldon street
St . albans - 05479

You can send by Fedex

Normally the renewal takes about 6 weeks to 8 weeks. There is no harm in sending 3 months advance

Thank you very much selvan.

What should I write in current immigration status (column 15)? My H-1 has expired and I am working on the EAD. Should I write "adjustment of status application pending"?

For Eligibility category (column 16), I assume C(9) is still valid, is it correct?

Thanks again.

A question on the copy of I-94 required. I have an I-94 attached to my passport (given at the port of entry last time I came back into the US), which was only valid until my old H-1 was valid. I had an extension for H-1 and got an I-94 with it, but that is also expired and now I am working on EAD. Which I-94 is required for the purposes of EAD renewal?

Do I have to send my renewal application and my wife's renewal application in separate packages or the same package? Which is recommended?

I would appreciate it very much if somebody can clarify.
Thanks.

Thanks for the response.

The latest I-94 that I have came with my H-1 extension. After my extension I have not gone out of US. So is it ok to send the copy of H-1 extension approval notice (with I-94 at the bottom portion)?

Thanks.