ead renewal problem

8yearsus

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My lawyer's associate said she mailed my renewal application for ead/ap on oct 15 and so far there is no rd/nd yet. Should i be concerned? (my h1 is expired and my ead expires at the end of jan 03) How should i proceed ?

1)Wait little longer ?
2)Reapply? (what may happen if there are two applications pending for the same)
3)Call VSC/ or bug my lawyer's secretary to make them call ins.
or bug my company to locate the check status.

please help . If they(ins) misplaced my forms, there is no way for me to prove to local ins that i sent my forms >90 days and i can apply to local (NJ) INS showing my fedex tracking. Right ?

Anybody heard a case they misplaced/lost applications.

thanks so much in advance

I had asked my lawyer as a "what if" I do not get EAD renewed before the previous expires.

He said it is a techinical problem and I should not worry about it. The ead card if issued after the expiration of previous should start form the date the pervious expires.

hope it helps

I personally mailed EAD renewals for me and my wife and I just received the receipts in mail. The FedEX delivery date was Nov 15th. The RD on the receipt is Nov 15th. The online status with the EAC #s. It says the RD is Nov 22nd (which is do not mind). The cheques are not cashed yet. Hope this information can help you.

Very helpful

hi vdsouza98,

My MD for EAD is Nov 16 and RD (as per Acknowledgement Due) is Nov 18 . I have not received receipt yet (and as per IIO it was ot entered in the system till Nov 25). So based on what I am hearing from you I should expect the receipt any day now.

What is your ND? thanks.

Hi dinosaur,

My EAD ND was Nov 23rd. There seems to be only the weekend between yours and mine RD's. I feel you should get the receipts in a couple of days.

Hope this helps.