EAD renewal - please clarify....

good_desi

Is it possible to renew EAD a week before it's expiration at the local center (I live in Columbus, OH - so I have to go to Cinci) ?

Thanks !

Call up

Call up 1-800-375-5283 and find out if you can go to Cincinnati in person and get your EAD renewed the same day. I know they used to do that before.

The website says that you would have to get an appointment by first mailing your application. In this case you should give them at least a few weeks for appointment.

Can somebody verify this.

EAD - Renewal

Yes you are right, As Per my lawyer the Cincinnati office used to issue EAD's in person on tuesdays till some time back.
They have recently stopped that process. We have to send the Application for renewal of EAD and the cincinnati office send you a appointment letter with a date when you can go and get the EAD.
Hope this helps..

Thanks for the replies, but...

could you please tell me what docs I need to renew the EAD ? Would a copy of 485 receipt and original EAD suffice ?
Is there a website where they have this info ?
Thanks !

EAD renewal - documents

I sent the following documents to INS Nebraska Center. My papers are with them 100 days before the current EAD expires. I am in Chicago.

Check for $120 made to: Immigration and Naturalization Service
Two Color Photographs
Request Letter
Duly filled Application for Employment Authorization (EAD)
Copy of I-485 receipt notice
Copy of current I-765 receipt notice
Copy of current EAD
Copy of current I-94 and Visa

check out the following link for further info. from NSC:

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

Hope this helps.

Question for Bhagyanagar

Thanks for the info you provided about the EAD renewal process.
I have a question for you.
I havent used my EAD but my wife is using her EAD. I am the primary applicant.
My H1-B visa few days after I applied by I-485, I got my H1-B extension approved later but I didnt get my passport stamped till now. Could you please tell me will there be any implications.

Also the application is asking Current Immigration Status
What should I specify there...H1-B visa or I-485 pending. Also should I put the Alien Registration# I find on my current EAD for the question# 10. Please reply to these and I really appreciate your help.

My I-485 Details....EB3-IND RD: 08/13/2001, ND : 09/20/2001, FP: 02/26/2002, AD: Waiting.....Detroit, MI
Thanks,
Farooq

Last edited by a moderator:
Signature Card

Hi,
I am sending the following documents for renewal of EAD.

Check for $120
Two Color Photographs
Duly filled Application for Employment Authorization (EAD)
Copy of I-485 receipt notice
Copy of current I-765 receipt notice
Copy of current EAD
Copy of current I-94 and Visa

Do we need enclose any signature card?

See page 5 on this link, it says signature card to be enclosed.

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-765.pdf