EAD Renewal on my own - Pls help

jsdw

Registered Users (C)
Dear comrades,
I would like to apply for EAD renewal for me and spouse on my own without the lawyer's help.
Can you please advice me how to go about it.
Is there a step by step procedure available on this site or somewhere that will be of help.
I know a lot of our friends must have done the renewal on their own. So please advice.
Thanks,
jsdw

Last edited by a moderator:
jsdw said:
Dear comrades,
I would like to apply for EAD renewal for me and spouse on my own without the lawyer's help.
Can you please advice me how to go about it.
Is there a step by step procedure available on this site or somewhere that will be of help.
I know a lot of our friends must have done the renewal on their own. So please advice.
Thanks,
jsdw
=============

It is a very simple process, but if your lawyer is not charging more than $100/- then you should go through him rather than filing on ur own.

Its just my thought.

This is a simple process. I did this on my own and got the EAD within 45 days. Go through the USCIS website, and post the question if any.
Good luck

Its very simple and straight forward process, detailed guidelines are provided for electronic filing. After filing along with the filing copy you have to mail the copy of I-485 and I-140 receipts, 2 Passport size photos. I've got mine Online and 40 days.

The following is the list of documents.

- Application Form
- 2 photos per new standard
- Application fee of $175 payable to "Department of Homeland Security"
- Passport and I-94 copy
- I-485 receipt notice copy
- I-140 approval copy
- Previous EAD & EAD mailer copy
- Marriage certificate copy
- Driver's License Copy

I just got this list from an old mail from my attorney.