EAD Renewal @NSC - efile vs paper

minn_labor

Registered Users (C)
My current EAD is expiring mid July and I would like to know how long it is taking NSC to renew EADs currently. I am debating whether I should apply for renewal in mid March or mid April and your responses will help me make my decision.

For those of you who have applied for EAD renewal @NSC in the past 90-120 days, I would like to know whether your case was:

1. efile or paper based?
2. if approved, how long did it take for approval?
3. If waiting, how long has it been since you applied?
4. Any approved EADs got lost in the mail?

thanks in advance for all your responses.

Please refer to my post titled "EAD @nsc".

I paper filed on Jan 19, 2006, still pending for approval.

I can't say for NSC...but at VSC (where I filed), I have observed faster approvals/adjudications for paper filed renewals than efiled ones.

atmaramji said:
I can't say for NSC...but at VSC (where I filed), I have observed faster approvals/adjudications for paper filed renewals than efiled ones.

That's what I have been reading from other people's post and need to know if it would be better to paper file than efile.

Efile EAD better

I would say E-file takes 15 days to adjudicate at NSC.
Go with E-file I would suggest.

I filled EAD renewal on RD Jan 23rd paper based, I have received receipts, but I am not able to followup on internet or by phone it says the recipt number does not exist, how long does it take to update computers

JustGC007 said:
I would say E-file takes 15 days to adjudicate at NSC.
Go with E-file I would suggest.

JustGC,

did you recently efile for EAD? how long did it take your EAD for approval.

thanks,

guldukan said:
I filled EAD renewal on RD Jan 23rd paper based, I have received receipts, but I am not able to followup on internet or by phone it says the recipt number does not exist, how long does it take to update computers

That's a long time. It shouldn't take mroe than 1 week to get your number online. I would suggest calling the Local Service Center and talking to someone.

minn_labor said:
That's a long time. It shouldn't take mroe than 1 week to get your number online. I would suggest calling the Local Service Center and talking to someone.

do you know where I can find the phone number of local office, I am in columbus, ohio, but I was not able to locate the phone number for this office, can I just walk in and speak to someone or do I need an info pass appointment

Thanks

JustGC007 said:
minn_labor I e-filled on Jan 10th got approved on Jan 25th.

JustGC

My last EAD was efiled and it got approved from NSC in less than 3 weeks.
I think it would have been approved a little faster but I sent in the supporting documents a little late.

How many days in advance before your old EAD expiration did you apply for renewal? How many times have you renewed your EAD?

My e-filed EAD application has been pending at NSC since Nov 30, 2005, no update at all since then. I called NSC immigration officer 2 weeks ago, but no use.

I'll visit the local INS office this Thursday to apply for an interim card and ask for WHY!

shokaido said:
My e-filed EAD application has been pending at NSC since Nov 30, 2005, no update at all since then. I called NSC immigration officer 2 weeks ago, but no use.

I'll visit the local INS office this Thursday to apply for an interim card and ask for WHY!

Did you get your biometrics done right away and send in your supporting documents right away?

I am curious as to why there is no LUD change on your case. Usually LUD changes when they receive either your supporting documents and your biometric information. Atleast, it has with my application in the past.

I did sent in my bio-info and supporting documents, and here is the time-line of my application:

Nov 30, 2005: E-filed online
Dec 1, 2005: called for bio appoinment, FedExed supporting documents
Dec 2, 2005: took photo, fingerprints at ASC
Dec 2, 2005: NSC received my supporting documents via FedEx
LUD changes: Nov 30, Dec 2, Dec 3

Feb 10, 2006: Called NSC for application status and a lady answered after 15-min wait. I was told NSC had been waiting for something for my case, but she didn't know what NSC was waiting for. She offered to sent a notice to the ajudicating team. But nothing happened after this.

Feb 14, 2006: As I don't know what NSC is waiting for, I FedExed the support documents again (now all color copies);
Feb 15, 2006: NSC received my duplicate supporting documents via FedEx;
LUD change: Feb 15, 2006, then nothing

March 2, 2006: Infopass appoinment with local INS office for Interim EAD card.

What a pain!

PS, this is my 1st EAD application.

shokaido said:
I did sent in my bio-info and supporting documents, and here is the time-line of my application:

Nov 30, 2005: E-filed online
Dec 1, 2005: called for bio appoinment, FedExed supporting documents
Dec 2, 2005: took photo, fingerprints at ASC
Dec 2, 2005: NSC received my supporting documents via FedEx
LUD changes: Nov 30, Dec 2, Dec 3

Feb 10, 2006: Called NSC for application status and a lady answered after 15-min wait. I was told NSC had been waiting for something for my case, but she didn't know what NSC was waiting for. She offered to sent a notice to the ajudicating team. But nothing happened after this.

Feb 14, 2006: As I don't know what NSC is waiting for, I FedExed the support documents again (now all color copies);
Feb 15, 2006: NSC received my duplicate supporting documents via FedEx;
LUD change: Feb 15, 2006, then nothing

March 2, 2006: Infopass appoinment with local INS office for Interim EAD card.

What a pain!

PS, this is my 1st EAD application.

Don't worry you should be fine. I am not sure what NSC would be waiting on your EAD application. Are you applying for OPT Training EAD? Atleast you know that NSC is waiting for something to process your EAD application and its just not sitting. Goodluck in getting an interim EAD. Please keep us posted.

No, it's not for OPT. This is my 1st EAD from pending I-485.

I filed I-485 in Jan 2005, but not until Nov 2005 I applied for the EAD.