EAD Renewal - Manner of last entry

Grandhipal

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Can we file for EAD renewal (efile) while the applicant is outside US? Here is our scenario:

My wife travlled to India and got stuck there for health reasons. I do not want to risk having to work (or leave the job) due to expired EAD. I wanted to file for her EAD renewal online while she is in India. I am sure she will make it before the FP notice date. Is that OK?

If yes, then what do I put for - Date and manner of last arrival to US? I tried putting the future date (bcos I know when she is scheduled to come back) but the online application does not accept future dates. Can I just put the date when she entered US last time (which is Sept 2007)?

My wife entered last time on Advance Parole and will do the same thing again next month. Do I put PAR - Parolee for last entry and current status?

Thanks

Hi,
Can we file for EAD renewal (efile) while the applicant is outside US? Here is our scenario:

My wife travlled to India and got stuck there for health reasons. I do not want to risk having to work (or leave the job) due to expired EAD. I wanted to file for her EAD renewal online while she is in India. I am sure she will make it before the FP notice date. Is that OK?

If yes, then what do I put for - Date and manner of last arrival to US? I tried putting the future date (bcos I know when she is scheduled to come back) but the online application does not accept future dates. Can I just put the date when she entered US last time (which is Sept 2007)?

My wife entered last time on Advance Parole and will do the same thing again next month. Do I put PAR - Parolee for last entry and current status?

Thanks

Better wait till come back, becuase usually ur finger print notice comes within two weeks. So why not wait for two weeks. Another point is as long as you file 90 days before, you are still ok, you can always ask to expediate after 60 days of filing. Take advise of your lawyer.

Thanks for the quick response immi_mygc!
My wife will be back (in US) on June 14th. She is working on EAD and don't want to risk delaying the renewal. I really think FP notice cannot be before June 14th if I applied for renewal tomorrow. Right? If I wait until after June 14th we may not have full 90 days before the current one expires. (I dont have the card with me now but I believe it expires towards end of Aug 2008)

How does the "expedite" request work (after 90 days of filing)? Is there any max time before which renewal should not be filed? I heard 6 months at a place and also heard 120 days at other. Not sure if there is such a thing at all because the renewal application process/form does not even ask when the current EAD (if any) expires.

How long it is taking at NSC these days for renewal? Since we are doing "efile" does the 90 days clock start from FP notice date or from the date we applied?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick response immi_mygc!
My wife will be back (in US) on June 14th. She is working on EAD and don't want to risk delaying the renewal. I really think FP notice cannot be before June 14th if I applied for renewal tomorrow. Right? If I wait until after June 14th we may not have full 90 days before the current one expires. (I dont have the card with me now but I believe it expires towards end of Aug 2008)

How does the "expedite" request work (after 90 days of filing)? Is there any max time before which renewal should not be filed? I heard 6 months at a place and also heard 120 days at other. Not sure if there is such a thing at all because the renewal application process/form does not even ask when the current EAD (if any) expires.

How long it is taking at NSC these days for renewal? Since we are doing "efile" does the 90 days clock start from FP notice date or from the date we applied?

Thanks

You can file 120 days before the date of current EAD expires. But you must file 90 days before the current EAD expires so that you will be eligible to go for interim EAD in case if your application getting delayed. Since now there is no interim EAD, the local USCIS office can ask to expediate your case if you do not get decision by 60 days of filing date. That can be only requested if you have filed before 90 days as per the rule. I am not very sure you can file the EAD renewal when person is not present in US. So you may have to wait any way.

The question is: 120 days rules for business days or calendar days? If calendar days, some months have 31 days... So 120 days != 4 months. For example, current expire 12/24, then should be 8/26 earliest mail, not 8/24, right?

The question is: 120 days rules for business days or calendar days? If calendar days, some months have 31 days... So 120 days != 4 months. For example, current expire 12/24, then should be 8/26 earliest mail, not 8/24, right?

You can't be serious. Are you really making a big deal over 2 days? If in doubt, wait until 110 days before the expiration and file your renewal then. You don't have to file exactly on the 120th day !!! You're making this way too complicated for yourself. Just relax.