EAD renewal - job change (AC 21)

sVirgo

Registered Users (C)
My EAD is finishing in 3 months
I have applied few days ago renewal of EAD.

I have to change job also due to circumstances.
The new job needs to move to another state.

I am not leaving my present residence due to family.
However, I will move to another state due to job and would take some temporary place to live for time being unless my family moved after 3 months.

So in this case, what would be the address, the new temporary address or the same old address where my family is residing(the apartment is rented on my name).
So can I wait to inform USCIS of change of address until I move my family and have some permanent address.

What would be the good time to send AC21 letter for change of employer ?
Within a month of joining new company or after I move my family in 3 months when I have permanent address.

Thank you!

So can I wait to inform USCIS of change of address until I move my family and have some permanent address.
Technically, you're supposed to fill our the AR-11 form within 10 days of moving, else it could result in fines up to and including deportation. I don't think they'll actually deport you, that's way too draconian, but the option exists for them to do so, if they want to be jerks. As with any rule, as long as you aren't caught, you don't pay the fine for breaking it...
What would be the good time to send AC21 letter for change of employer ?
No particular time. There is no rule about this so you can do as per your convenience.

If you want to play it safe, send in the address change as soon as you move only for yourself. You can send in the change for your family after they move.

Also, remember, you need to call USCIS and change the address on your pending applications separately from the AR-11. Send in snail mail too, with return receipt.

Technically, you're supposed to fill our the AR-11 form within 10 days of moving, else it could result in fines up to and including deportation. I don't think they'll actually deport you, that's way too draconian, but the option exists for them to do so, if they want to be jerks. As with any rule, as long as you aren't caught, you don't pay the fine for breaking it...

No particular time. There is no rule about this so you can do as per your convenience.

If you want to play it safe, send in the address change as soon as you move only for yourself. You can send in the change for your family after they move.

Also, remember, you need to call USCIS and change the address on your pending applications separately from the AR-11. Send in snail mail too, with return receipt.

You can do both address change AR-11 and as well as change address for any pending case by using receipt number online. Then you get separate confirmation numbers one for Ar-11 and then for each pending case.

Once you successfully complete this, take the print out of confirmation pages and keep it for your record. This is what I have done and Cust Support said same thing if I have confirmation number no need to do again.

If I am staying in Extended stay for a month, how can I give that hotel address as my new address,
whereas my permanent address is still in the old state where I was living and I still have that apartment on rent and my family would be there.

I will be reachable with my old address as I would be talking to my family every day and would visit them too on weekends.

So if you are able to retrieve the mails sent to you at the 'permanent' address then you need not inform the temporary address.

sVirgo!!!!! U r approval is on the cards......

Ireally think that u should hear about u r GC in next few weeks if not days or hours...............

Try calling the TSC using the POJ trick and initiate the dialouge about the EAD and then ask about the 485... This might trigger the approval.

Good luck....

Thank you so much!

That is what I am hoping and wishing.

I have my fingerprints date next week, and I will call after it.