EAD renewal in Newark

abcd100

Registered Users (C)
Folks, I need to get an interim EAD since it is more than 90 days since RD. Which office location in Newark should I go to? And do I need to carry any thing other than the renewal notice?

Thank you for your help

abcd100:

Go to 970 Broad Street at Newark. Walk-in on anydays except Wedn.

You need copies of your EAD application receipt and the application itself. They ask for a photo ID (passport is better).

Sometimes they ask you to come back like days before the expiration of your current EAD (even your application is already pending over 90 days).

Please share your experience with us.

dhw

Re

Thanks. Is this office different form the commerce st office where fingerprinting is doen? I am planning to go next week and will post me experience.

What do you mean by 'application' itself? Is there an application for iEAD?

Thanks for your help

Re: Re

Originally posted by abcd100
Thanks. Is this office different form the commerce st office where fingerprinting is doen? I am planning to go next week and will post me experience.

What do you mean by 'application' itself? Is there an application for iEAD?

Thanks for your help

As I learned from thi forum. You have to fill I 765 form. sometimes USCIS officer will ask for this form. I think it is for local INS records.

re

Thank you very much. I actually thought the office is open on saturdays, but the website says closed on sat and sun.

Do we just have to take a token and wait, or is there a separate line for EADs? Also, do you have to wait a long time to get your turn? I am planning to go around 11.00Am. Is that a good time?

I would really appreciate your thoughts.

abcd100

You need to go to 970 Broad Street, which is NOT the Commerce Street office. They are very close to each other. 970 Broad Street office is much more humane a place (very comforatble and there is a Cafe inside), but do expect delay and little chaos to get in.

They would ask for your I-765 application. If you don't have it with you, then they would ask you to fill up a new I-765 on spot.

Re: re

Originally posted by abcd100
Thank you very much. I actually thought the office is open on saturdays, but the website says closed on sat and sun.

Do we just have to take a token and wait, or is there a separate line for EADs? Also, do you have to wait a long time to get your turn? I am planning to go around 11.00Am. Is that a good time?

I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Eveyone without an appointment will need to wait in the same line. No need to show up too early (the office opens right after 7:30 am, but many people got there probably around 4:00 am, which is not necessary as they will manage to let everyone in around ten-ish. There are a number of steps (and waits consequently) involved to get an iEAD, and I think 11:00 am might be too late. They do close on Sat's and Sun's, and Wedn's are for appointments only. Good Luck!!

PLEASE dhw

Please post all the deatils and steps to get an IEAD at newark. B'coz today i got notice from my employer to get an interm ead before 10th jan so i am planing to go on 8th jan. I don't have much time left to get all the required douments inplace. SO your help is highly appreciated.

Re

Thanks folks, I will post my exp after coming back. Another question, do they give the interim ead on the same day at Newark?

iEAD

Normally they will give the iEAD on the same day, but it will be a lo....ng day. Take some lunch if you want! Don't carry camera phone or PDA with Camera. The line is long and it will be cold outside, bundle up properly. By 5-6 PM you might have your iEAD!

This looks like a long drawn process. What happens if the iEAD is not given on teh same day? Can you go and collect it some other day, or do they send it via email?

Also, is there any way to get an appointment and skip the wait?

Thanks

Re: PLEASE dhw

Originally posted by Master06
Please post all the deatils and steps to get an IEAD at newark. B'coz today i got notice from my employer to get an interm ead before 10th jan so i am planing to go on 8th jan. I don't have much time left to get all the required douments inplace. SO your help is highly appreciated.

Master06:

When is your current EAD expiring? The Newark office sometimes doesn't issue an IEAD unless your current EAD expires within days. So, if your IEAD IS expiring within days, adn with your employer's letter, you may have the IEAD.

It is a same-day process. Don't og there on Wedn without an appointment. No photoes required. Good Luck!!

Or track a thread by "Dec17rd". This is a MD resident but went to the Boston office to get the IEAD as the Baltimore office didn't process IEADs.

Re: PLEASE dhw

Originally posted by Master06

Master06:

1). ID: passport (with I-94 )is better than driver license ( to confirm your legal status
2). Receipt of your I-765 application. Photocopy is fine. It must be pending over 90 days.
3). Copy of your I-765 application. If you don't have it, they would ask you to fill up another one on spot.
4). Your current EAD card and a copy.
5). Optional or to be safe: copy of your I-485 receipt.

Your employer's warning letter sounds very persuasive; take it with you. The address is 970 Broad Street. There is designated INS parking lot ($10 per day; you don't need to know the hourly rate because you will need to be there over 4hours)

Good Luck, and do share yoru experience and "tricks" with us afterwards.

dhw

can I bring my wife's application with me?

Does she need to go by herself? What you guys think?

Also, when they stop distributing waiting numbers?

maybe you cannot get it

if you live out of the Service Area:
Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Hunterdon, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union, and Warren Counties (listed in the INS website)

so any of you out of these areas got iEAD in newark?