Ead renewal & IIO

thalai

Registered Users (C)
hi,
my ead expires on nov.6. my wife spoke to the IIO
yesterday and she has been told that it will take
anywhere between 3-4 months for our case to be processed
(RD-sept.7!!).
how long does it take for the ead renewal?
does anyone have any experience recently?
when should i re-apply for ead renewal?

thalai

1- dont believe everything the IIO say (3-4 Months is crazy) your approval Hopefully should be sometime in Aug ending or Sep begining.

2- nowadays its taking approximately 2 weeks (in my case I applied for EAD renewal on July 19 and recieved the new cards in mail on AUG 5).

3- I suggest you wait till atleast Sep 7 which will be your anniversary, which will also give you 2 months before your EAD expires, which I believe would be a safe bet.

Hope That Helps

do it now.

If your company pays for the money, do it now. It is safe to allow 3 months for EAD because :
in case your EAD can not be approved within 90 days of EAD filing, you can walk into local INS to get one.

Just to be on safe side..

Just to be on safe side..
Apply 90 days before it expires (must if you are working on EAD !!!).. if it does not come thr'o, you can walk-in to local INS for a temp EAD.

EAD

Just came back from Local INS office, they have changed the rules and no longer issuing the interim EAD. Out EAD renewal was filed in April. No news yet.

My RD is 20th September. My attorney applied for EAD/AP renewal on 08/08/02. In my case , my company is paying for everything. My current EAD will expire on 22nd November.

Thanks

Please let us know if this with the particular LOCAL INS or is it a new rule????
Which local INS did you go?? Please update..

2 weeks

My RD for EAD renewal was Jul'9th. I got the EAD cards on Jul'24th. That was quick work by VSC!!!

R C

EAD

We went to Orlando Local office. I am not sure if this new rule applies to all local offices or just this one. Current EAD is expiring on 8/15. Don't know what to do....any suggestions.

Local office told us to fill the new application for EAD and they said we will call you in 1-2 months.

Sorry to hear that.

Maybe you can try different local INS offices to grab one.

Good luck.

Thanks

Thanks everybody for your experience and suggestions.
I think I am going to wait till sept 7 (which will be my 1 year)
and then file for renewal.