EAD Renewal / I-94 Missing

jharih1

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed Green card for my husband in oct 23 2006, had his finger printing done on 11/15/06, Jan 26th 2007 was the interview which went well, they said they'll send the approval letter once the background check (FBI) is done. Which has been pending from 9 months.

His EAD is expiring on Jan 29th 2008, so we are planning to apply for renewal. I have few questions:

He is missing his I-94 card, we dont think during finger printing or interview they took the I-94 card but just making sure. Do they take the I-94 card during any of these process? Please help with this.

One more question do we have to pay the $340 renewal fees this time?

Thanks,

It took over two years for my family-based Adjustment of Status to lead to an interview. During this time period, my status was "Pending Adjustment of Status" and I had to renew the EAD every year. It seems you are in a similar situation but things may have changed as my personal Adjustment of Status experience was between 12/1998 and 03/2001 (Interview in March 2001).
Please note: This is not legal advice.

They take the I-94 (usually) during the interview.

You must pay the most current fees for the renewal of the EAD. Download the I-765 form from the USCIS website along with the instructions... read the instructions and file.

They take the I-94 (usually) during the interview.

You must pay the most current fees for the renewal of the EAD. Download the I-765 form from the USCIS website along with the instructions... read the instructions and file.

Thanks PraetorianXI for your reply, Did they take the I-94 from you? I searched everything today and couldn't find my I-94.

Did this happen to anyone else where they took your I-94 during GC interview.

Yes, they took my I94 as well. And I've been waiting since March 2006 (interview) for the infamous "name check" to clear.

If i get a AP, how can i travel without a I-94?

Yes, they took my I94 as well. And I've been waiting since March 2006 (interview) for the infamous "name check" to clear.

If i get a AP, how can i travel without a I-94?

You do not need the i-94 to travel. There is nothing you "need" to leave the country, you are free to do so. There are things you need to RETURN to the US and in your case that is a valid passport and AP.

If ever asked before leaving the US for your I-94 tell them an immigration officer already took it. You will be issued a new I-94 when you return on AP. Valid for 1 year.

Yes, they took my I-94 as well during the interview. They also wrote "cwop" (cencelled without prejudice?) on my visa. This is standard practice, and as praetorian mentions you don't need the I-94 to leave the country, this is taken only to document your departure.
One question though does anybody know if when returning they assign you a new I-94 number?, with my old visa, each time I returned they wrote the same number in the new I-94 paper.

They did not take my I-94 during the interview!:confused:

Is it because, my I-94 was student based - changed to H1-B?

All you need is an copy. They took mine away too when I went for interview. But I kept a copy. If you not have a copy ask your attorney he should have one.

Thanks PraetorianXI for your reply, Did they take the I-94 from you? I searched everything today and couldn't find my I-94.

Did this happen to anyone else where they took your I-94 during GC interview.