EAD Renewal - Help Please

F16

Registered Users (C)
What are the checklist and Is it OK if I do on my own?

When I was filling the application. I am bit confused with the following 16.

I first applied my EAD in May'2007. :)

16. Go to Part 2 of the Instructions, Eligibility Categories. In the space below, place the letter and number of the category you selected from the instructions (For example, (a)(8), (c)(17)(iii), etc.).

Eligibility under 8 CFR 274a.12 ( ) ( ) ( )

PD: 11-Dec-2002 EB2 India
I485: 1-May-2007 (RD)
Texas Center but lives in Nebraska
Waiting for Approval.

You can do it yourself. If you need a sample form, go to www.immihelp.com and check the Green card section. It gives you all the instructions.For the filing fees, make sure you check the most current fees from the USCIS website.

Thanks Guys!!! My Infopass experience.

You can do it yourself. If you need a sample form, go to www.immihelp.com and check the Green card section. It gives you all the instructions.For the filing fees, make sure you check the most current fees from the USCIS website.

Today I went to USCIS office by taking an appointment. I asked the officer, whether I should apply for EAD extension or I should wait for my Green Card. She is very nice to me. She told me to wait for another month or so. By that time if I don't get my card she would help me in getting my EAD in expedite manner. She was very positive about my Green Card. She told me mine was pre-adjudicated and assigned to officer.

She simply told me Don't waste money.:)

I feeeeel much better now.

Apply for the EAD ASAP. You are supposed to apply for renewal at least 90 days before the expiration of the existing one. When does it expire?

Don't listen to feelgood crap from the IO's, whose lives are not affected by EAD processing. If the GC is approved before your current EAD expires, you'll be so happy that you won't care about the $340 that was spent on the EAD. But if the GC is not approved soon, you're in big problems when your EAD expires if you don't have the renewed one, unless you have another underlying work visa such as an H1 or L1.

Last edited by a moderator:
For my spouse; I have applied for the renewal of:

AP: Which got expired in Jan' 08.
EAD: Which will be expiring in two weeks from now.

As per our employer's attorney, the forms were submitted on 03/31 but We have not received any receipt notice yet.

Any potential issues on the renewal of AP because we had applied after the expiry date.
Appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you.

Applying for AP renewal after it expired is not a problem. There is no requirement to always have a valid AP, unless you're actually traveling outside the US.