EAD Renewal .. Gurus Pls Help

rblms

Registered Users (C)
I applied for EAD renewal in March RD-03/03/2003. On April 15, an RFE was raised(regarding the address) to which my lawyer responded by April 18. Eventhough he sent it by Express FEDEX delivery the online system got updated only yesterday ie on April 28, and it shows the following status online!

On April 28, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

My questions are
1) Is it going to take that long??

2) Can I try for an Interim EAD much before 90 days of applying ? I read somewhere in the forums that if an RFE is raised then I do not have to wait for 90 days. Is that tru ?

3)How do I go about getting the IEAD ?

My EAD expires on May 21 and I have a very good job offer in hand which I would have to leave if I dont get my renewed EAD by that time.

Pls help
Thanks in Advance

My questions are
1) Is it going to take that long??

2) Can I try for an Interim EAD much before 90 days of applying ? I read somewhere in the forums that if an RFE is raised then I do not have to wait for 90 days. Is that tru ?

3)How do I go about getting the IEAD ?

My EAD expires on May 21 and I have a very good job offer in hand which I would have to leave if I dont get my renewed EAD by that time.
1. INS regulations they say the min-max days. However you case can be approve much before that.
2. It's waste of time and energy for applying interim EAD. It's better wait couple more weeks as yours may be approved by that time. Still take your lawyer's advise.
3. yours will be approved by May 21 as one of my friends case is similers to yours and he got approved before his old one expired.

There is hope.

My EAD was due to expire on 13th Feb and I applied for renewal on 23rd Dec. BCIS officially received application on 8th Jan.

Online kept giving same info that you have been getting, until 11th Feb. I was ready to hit the GO button on my contingency plan when Online informed on 12th FEB that my EAD has been renewed.

Looks like they want to keep you in suspense until the very last moment.

Hope it helps.

RD 1/17

Thanks guys. I really hope I get my renewed EAD soon, otherwise I would be in trouble. I have one more question. I read this somewhere on these forums that

"If an RFE is has been issued on your EAD, then you don't have to wait for 90 days to get an temporary EAD".

Is this true? Can I go this week(which would be 60 days from RD) to get my I EAD on the basis that I got an RFE?

-Thanks

I am exactly in the same boat. I got an RFE fo establishing my true name on 26th Apr. My EAD is expiring 26th May. I went to the local INS(Arlington VA) to get an IEAD today. They informed me that they don't issue an IEAD if there is a RFE. I don't know what to do. I replied to the RFE on 28th April. The online system is not yet updated. Any ideas, let me know

Nyman,
Your boat would sail through w/o sinking..!
you have time before your current EAD expires...
Good Luck

DO NOT panic.

mine also in the same time

applied for EAD renewal 3/15 still no answer.

expires on 7/15

No News of my EAD approval yet :(

I am in real dilemma. I have got this job and if I dont provide my new EAD by 20th May. I will lose this job. :(

Can someone guide me what to do in this case? I have been trying to talk to an IIO but the phone never gets through :(

Someone Please advice

Thanks

Hi rblms,
Dont worry everything will be ok. Hold your breadth. Nothing you or anyone could do about it when we deal with INS. It is just matter of time. Yours will go thru. It wont hurt if you call IIO once but dont dont call them frequently. Try calling them by 8:00 AM. Good luck.

rblms

i have noticed the INS/BCIS keeps tabs on the expiry dates of ead's and believe it or not they will try and approve it before the expiry!!...since there is sufficient time provided by u in your renewal application...
so rest easy...!!:)

I dont believe this

Me and my wife both applied for EAD renewal on 3/17 for EAD expiration in July. SHe got approved and I am still waiting even though I am the primary applicant.
So this defies logic :confused:

EAD renewal got approved today :) Thanks a lot guys for your answers. Online status now shows

"On May 9, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

How long will it take to get my plastic card?
Will the online approval work for the company ? or they will ask for the card ? Any ideas ?

I got the card after 6 days of approval even though they say upto 15 days. My conpany didnt allowed online approval but not sure about your company. You may want to check.

My Company has refused to go by online approval :(.
They want the plastic card. Any idea by what time should I get it ?? I got approved online on May 9th, when should I expect my card ??

I received my card with 10 days of online approval. Looks like BCIS is efficient on this count!

ND - 1/31/2003