EAD Renewal got approved no AP At!!?

Nimmi

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I got EAD approved with in 35 days but no news abt my AP...any Idea!!??! how long its taking for AP!?

Thanks

AP Approved today

Well I applied 2nd AP on March 17,2005 at NSC. Got email today about the approval

dwl800

Nimmi & dwl800

When your new EAD comes, can you see if the validity dates overlap with the old EAD (which means you "waste" time) or does it start after the old EADs expiry (which is the right thing to do).

Also how long is it valid for ? (1yr or more than that ?)

I read somewhere that NSC is screwing up EADs and they are actually overlapping validity dates now :( -- what a scam to make an easy $175 !

Thanks!

max2k1 said:
Nimmi & dwl800

When your new EAD comes, can you see if the validity dates overlap with the old EAD (which means you "waste" time) or does it start after the old EADs expiry (which is the right thing to do).

Also how long is it valid for ? (1yr or more than that ?)

I read somewhere that NSC is screwing up EADs and they are actually overlapping validity dates now :( -- what a scam to make an easy $175 !

Thanks!
I just got my third EAD card (yes, third, can you believe it), and there's no overlap. The card is good for one year..

hanging in here said:
I just got my third EAD card (yes, third, can you believe it), and there's no overlap. The card is good for one year..
hanging_in_here

Cool -- no overlap huh ?
Did you also apply in NSC ?

How many months prior to your 2nd expiry date did you apply for the 3rd EAD ?
And when was this approved ? - recently ?

My application was with TSC, but it shouldn't be any different at your SC.
I efiled my application at the end of Feb. My current EAD expires in early July.
My EAD application was approved a week ago, and got the card just yesterday.
I should also tell you that my application could have been approved faster if I hadn't received an RFE -- it was a stupid mistake but I forgot the biometrics portion of the application.

hanging in here.....please reply

hanging in here said:
My application was with TSC, but it shouldn't be any different at your SC.
I efiled my application at the end of Feb. My current EAD expires in early July.
My EAD application was approved a week ago, and got the card just yesterday.
I should also tell you that my application could have been approved faster if I hadn't received an RFE -- it was a stupid mistake but I forgot the biometrics portion of the application.

Can you post what exactly biometrics portion in the application. In a couple of days I will be renewing my and my wife's EADs. Which one you suggest online filing or paper filing from your experience. Many people are posting in the forums that they are making mistakes while filling online forms. What is your experience in this regard.
Thnx
Raaj

I'm one of those who complained about e-filing. And personally I would recommend paper filing. As you saw in the forum, on average, paper filing takes about 30 days and e-filing takes about 60 days. Of course the discrepancy could be due to all sorts of mistakes filers (myself included) tend to make when e-filing. Perhaps, without any mistake made, e-filing could be just as fast! I think the trick with e-filing is making an app with local asc. Plus, if your ASC is far away from your home, you may have to take a day off of work.

Re. biometrics for EAD at your local ASC. They take your front face photo graph, and index fingerprints (for both hands, though the card only shows the fingerprints from one finger), and then you are asked to give an electronic signature.

TSC ... ok ....

I read the link posted here ... seems like NSC is doing some "efficient" (duh) thing by making the damn EADs overlap.

I've made the mistake of applying well before the EAD expires -- thinking that they will date it correctly -- now I'll probably lose 3 months of validity.
NSC is too dumb -- they are creating more work this way (and making more money !!)

I want my $43.75 refund ( or I'll settle for my 485 approval :D )

Oh well --- let me bend over and get ready for NSC (like always) !

Hi Guys,

Just now i got my EAD Cards...guess what!!!?

validity dates overlaped with the old EAD (which means I "wasted" 4 months timemy old EAD expires on Aug 18th 2005..i got new one from Apr21 2005) , it doesnt start after the old EADs expiry ...any way my comapny is paying for it....still weaste of time...idoits!!?

Thanks

Nimmi said:
Hi Guys,

Just now i got my EAD Cards...guess what!!!?

validity dates overlaped with the old EAD (which means I "wasted" 4 months timemy old EAD expires on Aug 18th 2005..i got new one from Apr21 2005) , it doesnt start after the old EADs expiry ...any way my comapny is paying for it....still weaste of time...idoits!!?

Thanks
Awww ... crap ... that sucks

I did the same "mistake" as you did ... applied too early for my EAD ... now am hoping they'll issue some meaningless RFE and delay it -- :D :D
Nah -- I'd be happy to get the damn card.

I wish they start issuing EADs for >1 yr .... I think 2 yrs would work out ok (or even 3 to cover all bases).

Waiting for spouse EAD AP Renewal

My spouse applied for EAD (RD 3/25/05), AP (03/11/05) renewal out of VSC. Current EAD expires July 7th 2005. No news on EAD or AP yet. The official processing time for EAD at VSC is nearly 70 days now.
Meanwhile our PD becomes current from May 1st. 485 RD is 2 months before official processing dates.

My 2c... It is better to apply early for EAD than to be sorry (RFE etc).. hopefully GC should be approved prior to expiration of 2nd EAD.

Hei Guys.....Just they touched my Ap files...lets see by evening we may see the approved message....!!