EAD Renewal Good For Only ONE Year

SydneyRacquelle

Registered Users (C)
There has been some recent discussion about EAD Renewals being good for 2 years. My EAD renewal card came in the mail today and it is only good for one year, however, the start date is exactly my anniversary date for my current card of April/04 so my new card is good from April/04 until April/05.

That is at least good since it starts from april 04 instead of the current expiry date.
As per 2 yrs, I believe one of Attorney Rajiv Khanna's client got
EAD approved for 2 yrs.

like everything else at USCIS , it may be a random case where
someone got lucky with their EAD approval.

I would make an educated guess that the 2 year renewal was a mistake.

They do take the time, however, to check when your current EAD expires so that you have uninterrupted use of your EAD cards for a full year.

Yes, that's true. I got my EAD yesterday and it's only valid for one year. The good thing is my new card's start date match with my current one's expiration date.

they don't check jack! sorry!

I got my EAD renewed last month and the idiots gave it valid from Jan itself. My current EAD is valid till April 9, so I effectively lost 3 months of "coverage". The same happened to at least 3 of my colleagues.

so it is still not yet time to harbor warm-n-fuzzy feelings towards our dear friends in mesquite.

-insjinx

It's good to hear your new EAD has full year time. Last time TSC stole 3 days from my EAD renewal.

insjinx

You could get it corrected. A while ago I read in another website. You have to make a copy of current and new EAD and send a letter to TSC. They will send you a new EAD with proper dates. You have nothing to lose, since you keep the originals.

Good Luck!

Loosing time

Usually the primary applicant looses time if they appy earlier, but the dependant do not loose the time regardless of when they are filing the extension.

This is waht i noticed but could be wrong