EAD Renewal, FP Code 3 and 485 Adjudication

Hey Ram

Dear Friends,

I am new to this forum. So I do not understand the lingo that much.

Here is my case info as a summary at Nebraska.

Labor filing: March 2002

I-140 Cleared in October 2002

I-485 receipt date 05-07-03

I have renewed my EAD card including my family's two times on time. This year when it came up for renewal in May 2006, we applied for the renewal in Feb 2006 and they never responded except with the Receipt Notice immediately. So we all have renewed the cards at the local USCIS office (Chicago) and were issued Temporary EAD Cards for 3 months valid till end of August 2006.

We all have received individual letters letters from Nebraska Service Center that they need more information to process our EAD applications and it may take upto 6 months from the day of the letter (Issued in July 2006)- as a reply to my follow up letter to them. Surprisingly it says, if you do not hear from us within 6 months, you can contact us.

We all received a Code FP Code 3 notice slated for next week.
Wish to ask the knowlegeable friends here whether the FP Code 3 is for adjucating EAD or our 485s!!

Any recent experience or guidance on this will help me stay cool.

Thanks

Hey Ram said:
We all received a Code FP notice slated for next week.

Wish to ask the knowlegeable friends here whether the FP Code 3 is for adjucating EAD or our 485s!!
Usually it states right on the FP appointment letter, what application it's gonna be done for, I-485 or I-765.

Thanks civ2ru.

Off late, USCIS is very efficient and helpful. I requested for a reschedule of the finger prints on 1st Aug for my family. They worked on the rescheduling on 2nd Aug and mailed the letter on 3rd which I received on 4th Aug, at jet speed.

As civ2ru mentioned, in the reschedule letter, they mentioned that it is for I- 485. That is a bit of relief.

Will update the friends here on teh developments.

Regards

EAD Renewal Time

Hi Hey Ram,

Did you get your renewed EAD (regular one) from Nebraska? Mine is also due for renewal and I plan to send the application by this weekend. 3 months waiting time is a bit high for renewals. Ginnu and other gurus, please post your thoughts!!

gj

GrimJudge said:
Hi Hey Ram,

Did you get your renewed EAD (regular one) from Nebraska? Mine is also due for renewal and I plan to send the application by this weekend. 3 months waiting time is a bit high for renewals. Ginnu and other gurus, please post your thoughts!!

gj

Our EAD renewal got approved within 23 days at NSC. You never know how the service centers are working. I do not see any trend in approval.

May be Yours might be approved within couple of weeks.

good luck