EAD Renewal (?) for Nov/Dec I-485 RDs

Dardenkoa

Registered Users (C)
Okay, judging by the current trend, many November and December I-485 RDs will have to renew their EADs. My 485 RD is 11/19/01. My EAD expires on 01/03/03. I have not filed an EAD renewal. I am probably going to be cutting it close. I know I need to call my lawyer ASAP.

So how many people are in the same boat as me? have you filed for an EAD renewal yet?

Okay, I know that while I-485 is pending, we cannot be out-of-status. BUT when EAD expires, I won't be able to work. Will this jeopardize my 485 approval at all?

what do you guys think? please help!

Since there are many of us with EAD expiring, I suspect this will further slow down the EAD renewal process.

why have I not filed for a renewal? well, i didn't want to pay INS for a new EAD when I am about to get approved. I know there are others who filed for an EAD extension...just as INS cashed their checks, INS approved the I-485s. AND they can't even get their EAD money back. that'd piss me off. well, i guess i have no choice huh?

My 485 RD was 12/27/02. My current EAD would expire on Jan 24, 2003. I sent out my application for EAD renewal on 11/06/02.

Dardenkoa - you cannot work with out a valid EAD

Dardenkoa - you cannot work with out a valid EAD or a H1 if you have one currently valid.

Just go to your local INS center you can get your EAD renewed.

If I was you I would get my EAD extend not thinking much about the $120 or what ever it takes...I will try to save $$ in another way, But not trying to cut corned in GC processing.

Good Luck.

If your company pays the EAD renewal .. renew now!
Even if your company does not .. renew now! $120 is nothing compared to getting terminated from your job.
My EAD expires in Jan 2003 and I've already got it renewed and valid till 2004.

Guys,

My EAD was expiring on 01/02/2003. Although I could have waited then, I still went to Boston, INS and renewed my EAD on 10/10/2002. That time Boston, INS used to renew on the same day.

I thank my stars now, for renewing the EAD. Even I had doubts about spending $240.00 for me and spouse, but time proved that I was extremely fortunate and lucky. I reasoned, after spending so much $240.00 is not a big deal, anymore. Nevertheless, it's an individual's decision to make.

Cheers
180DaysGuy

Renew it now!

With the current slow processing speed for I485, you should definately renew your EAD as soon as possible. I think you have to submit your application to VSC. The processing time usually is around 1 month. I have a RD 11/30/01 and I renewed my EAD in early October and last week I received my EAD card. My old card will expire on Jan.3,2003.

I sent out mine yesterday...

I sent out mine yesterday (11/19/2002) although I am still working on H1. My current EAD expires on 01/06/2003. My 485 RD is 11/23/2001.

-Nandhakumar

EAD renewal in Boston INS

I am a silent visitor to this site. My ND is 12/31/2001 and EAD is valid upto second week of Jan. I went to the INS today and got my EAD renewed without any hassles.

RD 11/09/2002. My EAD expires on 01/03/03 and I sent my EAD renewal forms with $120 cheques on 11/15/2002. I am anxiously waiting to get my GC or at least some activity on the EAD renewals. I also was weighing my options about waiting for GC and not filing my EAD but eventaully gave in. I figured out that $120 is not too much as compared to losing job in this economy.
I feel that you should also do the same because you will get the EAD in 4 weeks (lets hope...)

dowser:

at Which INS Center did you get your EAD Renewed.

Anybody who has done this at Newark / Hackensack ...
Please let me know

-Thanks,

dowser:

at Which INS Center did you get your EAD Renewed.

Anybody who has done this at Newark / Hackensack ...
Please let me know

-Thanks,

applied for EAD Renewal

I too went to the Boston INS office and got my EAD renewed this Monday. My EAD expiry date is 01/24/2003. Hope to get it renewed before that otherwise I will have to go and get an interim EAD or something of that sort