EAD renewal faster than first EAD?

shala

Registered Users (C)
I had one year EAD from OPT after grdauating from school. And now I applied my 485 pending EAD (1st one) on 03/23/05 to VSC. Haven't been updated since they deposited the check. While I saw several thread saying EAD renewal of April 05 been approved. My question is DO they process EAD renewal faster than 1st time EAD application?

since your old EAD was OPT, and the new one is AOS-based, it's not considered a renewal.

My first AOS EAD took 1.5 months at NBC.

LucyMO said:
since your old EAD was OPT, and the new one is AOS-based, it's not considered a renewal.

My first AOS EAD took 1.5 months at NBC.

Thank you. I understand my case is not renewal. Now it's almost 2 months from the receipt day. Anyone with 1st EAD approved at VSC recently? I want to know the approximate day in process..the website not updating...:(

shala said:
Thank you. I understand my case is not renewal. Now it's almost 2 months from the receipt day. Anyone with 1st EAD approved at VSC recently? I want to know the approximate day in process..the website not updating...:(

Chk my signature... mine was applied later than my spouse's..but still I got my approval and am still for her approval...

My renewal EAD (RD-04/18) was approved on 5/16 at VSC. However I am still waiting for spouse's renewal EAD approval (RD - 3/25).

MY renewal EAD is pending at NSC from April 6th. I efiled it. Biometrics were done on April 7th and sent the supporting documents on April 8th. The LUD changed on April 12th.
So I guess I will have to wait another week or so. Right now they are processing EAD with ND of March 18th as per the USCIS processing dates page.

Couple of weeks max before it gets approved..

Thanks
dwl800