EAD Renewal - couple of questions !

Debonair

Hello friends,

I need to renew my and my wife's EAD which is expiring on Dec,09 2002. MY R/D is 10/22/2001. Hopefully I will get my approval before my EAD expires but since things are pretty uncertain when it comes to INS therefore I am going ahead and file for the EAD renewal. I have a couple of questions about the I-765 form which I downloaded from
http://www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-765.htm

In column # 15, "current immigration status" , what should I write for myself and my wife ? My wife came here on H-4 .

In Column # 16 , what should I put in as our "eligibility category code" . Should it be (c)(9) ?

What documents should I attach with the forms and to which address should I mail the filled forms to ? I reside in Virginia.

I will really appreciate whatever assistance/guidance you folks can provide me.

Thank You

EAD

Just applied for EAD on September 15th, and got a received Date notice on sept 21. MY I-485 RD is 10/09/2001.

It is indeed (C) (9) fro category code.

For status it is : Adjustment of Status( for both you and your wife if both have received Receipts for I-485 filing)...That's what i had put in.

If you are using H1 then current status is H1. If you are using EAD then your current status is AOS. :eek:

Debonair

Check point 9 (under 274a.12c) in the ins link sent by you. It clearly states where you need to send your 765 when your I485 is pending.

BOL

What about the documents to attach with the form. The docs which I can figure out so far are:

1. Copy of the top portion of our original EAD ("Mailer"
2. Copy of front and back of I-94
3. 2 photographs

Is there anything else I need to mail out with the forms ?
Also, should I sent 2 checks of $120 each or one check of $240

Thanks for all your help.

You would also need a copy of your I 485 receipt to indicate that u r AOS application is pending. Also, some people send a covering letter prepared by themselves or their lawyer , its up to u if u wanna send it. I am also in a process of renewing EAD - not yet send , just collecting documents. I am sending a cover letter of my own. Hope this helps.

Thanks SrisSai,

It says --> "Service Center" with jurisdiction over your residence or "Local Office" - depending on where your case is pending. Since I have no news about my case being transferred to a local office , I guess I should be sending it out to the "Vermont Service Center", to the following adddress :
right ?

U.S. Department of Justice
Immigration and Naturalization Service
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

All the folks who have applied for the EAD renewal themselves, could you please confirm the shipping address.

Thank you all!