EAD renewal at NY local INS office

chapter11

Registered Users (C)
Friends

We ,me & my wife, gor EAD renewal at INS NY office yesterday (1/1/7/03).The chain of events are as follows:

1. Applied EAD renewal at VSC with RD 11/4/02 & ND 11/13/02.
2. Got RFE for photograph (Damaged) on Dec 12th.Send photograph on 12/14.INS updated the site on 12/26/02 for my wife & 1/6/03 for myself.
3. Till today the application for EAD renewal is still penfing at VSC.
4. Went to local NY INS office on 1/16/03.Was in line by 7am.Got into the building but INS told me that they only service 50 people.HAd to come back,
5.Went back on 1/17/03.Was in line by 6.am.It was snowing here.
6.Submitted all the papers to the officer.She asked about the original i-485 copy.Told that the i-185 is with Attorney.She did not say anything about the 90 days rule (we had about two weeks to go for the 90 days).Told us to sit.
7.At 3.30pm we were finger printed and photograph & by 3.40 we had the EAD cards.

So my friends my advise is to RUNNNNNN to the local INS office with all the papers (ead petition,1-40,1-485,passport etc.)We were in deep trouble as my earlier ead was expiring on 1/17/03.company told me they will put me on Leave without Pay but also told that there is no surity of employment because of the tough economic situation in our company.

Hope this helps

chapter11

Docs needed

Hello,
thanks for sharing your info.
1)Could you please tell us the exact documents needed for EAD extension? Do you really need I140 copy ? Do you need photographs?

2)Is the EAD dated from the day it was granted? Or was it bacl-dated?

3)Will VSC stop issuing EAD since the local EAD was issued? Or will it also issue its EAD based on its processing date?

Thanks

gcnov13

1. documents (copies) given :i-485,i-140,photocopy of previous EAD,EAd forms filed in VSC.No photographs,No fees.
2.Backdated from the date when the previous EAD expires.
3.I suppose EAD will also be issued from VSC.

Chapter 11

No photograph and No fee?

Is that true we don't have to pay EAD renewal fee $120(though we have paid $120 when sent to Vermont) when we go for Interim EAD in local office? and also no photgraphs needed??. Thanks.

morgan60

You do not have to provide photographs.INS will take photographs at the local office.Also no need to pay $120 as you
already have paid $120 to VSC.

Chapter11