EAD renewal appln not approved, current EAD expires

1victim

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

My current EAD expires on Sept 15th, and I do not have any other status (no valid H1B, I wish I did). I applied my EAD on 06/23/05 - about 8 days late, it was my fault.

Not only there is no sign of EAD but they havent updated USCIS website with receipt of my EAD finger prints, done on 07/28 - now this makes me even more nervous...

What do I do now ? How do I close the gap that is between my current EAD expiry( sept 15th ) and visit to local office for Interim EAD (Sept 23rd)? ( I cannot go to local office before 90 days for iEAD ? ) Is there some grace period ? Should I inform my employer and stop going for work ?

Ginnu, UnitedNations, and all others, answer greatly appreciated.
1Victim.

Can someone please help me with this problem i posted earlier earlier ??
Any advise greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I have read from previous posts that you could still go to your local USCIS office and request for an interim EAD (show your renewal notice, your employer's letter requesting an interim EAD for you). The interim EAD will be issued at the discretion of the officer. Most of them are very understanding and will provide you with one. Good Luck!

Hi Simshyam,

Thank you for the response. I did get an appointment for 13th which is 10 days before my 90-day period. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

but I will need to get a letter from a manager in my company. Thanks for the tip.

Hi

I believe you must take a letter from your manager asking you to submit proof of authorization to work i.e. EAD. Based on this the officer may be considerate to approve an interim-EAD before 90 days of your applictaion for your EAD. If you have any luck, you should be getting your second EAD approved during your appointment on 09/13/2005.

Good Luck. Keep us posted what happened after the appointment.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
interim EADs stopped at MAnchester, NH office ?

Ok guys, I just came back meeting with Immigration Officer at Manchester NH... this is weird, he asked me all documents, looked up on his computer and goes, "everything looks good, you should get it in 2-4 weeks"... I am now really taken aback...

I ask him if i can get an interim EAD, he says, there has been a lot of fraud recently and they stopped giving interim EAD.

I ask him what do i do if my employer asks for proof of work authorization, he goes, " they are usually pretty understanding about it, tell them its in the mail"

and then I ask him if i can get something in writing, he says, he cant do that..

I dont know if I am completely disconnected with the latest about iEAD or if he is just in a bad mood or that EAD has been issued and for some reason he cannot re-issue as an interim EAD. but he didnt say that it has been issued. I wish it struck me to ask this specific question...

Has anyone had this kind of experience ?

Last edited by a moderator: