EAD renewal applied in January left ?

HaveToBePatient

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I applied for EAD renewal with ND of 1/27/03 and still nothing. I talked to an IIO about 10 days ago. He said he's surprised when I told him there were already a lot of approvals with my time frame. (According to this forum, a lot of people filed at the same time frame have got approval a while ago).

My old EAD will expire in one week. Any one in the similar situation?

Thanks a lot.

Have a good day!

Applied in Dec! Got last week after RFE

If your EAD is expiring next week better go to the local office and get an IEAD, which you will get the same day. Just take the notice of action , your old EAD card and driving license, PP....

This is the answer we got from IIO who said it will take 5 weeks, when we enquired about our EAD which was applied around 19th Dec. Got a RFI(E) regarding the photos having tiny spots. Sent new photographs in Feb 26th and did not get any reply till March 10. However on 14th the on-line message changed to "Cards ordered". March 22nd received the cards just 10 days before the expiry of the old card.

So if you are very near expiry period better go to the local office and get it.

_pa

You have a good name and you ARE patient!

Looks like you applied the renew about 2 (instead of 3)months before expiration date. Your chance to get approved in the next few days is slim but still possible. Do keep checking online AND ATM for your case status.

I applied my & spouse's EAD/AP renewals in late Nov and got all but spouse's AP renewals approved within 1.5 months. And later got RFE for spouse's AP (birth) with no reason whatsoever and responded. Online status still says "... received Feb. 20.. blah blah". I was trying to call IIO last week but couldn't reach one so I checked the status on the ATM and was surprisely told the case was approved! (online status still says the old message today)Still haven't received the approval and don't know which one to believe.... my point is -- keep checking both places!

Okay... Let me post my experience too.,

My wife got her eAD renewed at the Local INS office in 2 days... One month later when I went , was horrified to learn the process changed. My EAD expired on Jan 07. I applied for renewal RD 01/07/03.

Got an RFE for Birth certificate with no reason ( It seems they had a wrong DOB in their computer ). Looks to be data entry error.

Responded to RFE recvd date 03/07/03..... Status still pending.

I am out of job since then. Hoping my company will wait for little longer.

Good luck to all.

AFTER 90 DAYS IS A GOOD REASON

Asking for an IEAD after the processing time indicated in the notice of action, is a valid reason to go to the local office. Even 1 day after, will get you the IEAD without a question, also in the mean time you may see a change of on-line message also ( when you can be patient why not be hopeful too :) ) . It is safe, otherwise it's all depending on the guy at the counter. So use your judgement,

-pa

Hi, Guys.

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate them.

It's very strange that our corporate attorney said that I would be OK to work while my EAD renewal's on pending, (This is a five-thousand-employee company), even when my old EAD expired. I've never heard of this.

Any idea of consequences if I follow her word?

Thanks again.

Have a good day!

Itis my impression that the EADs come back to back. So if the company is willing to take the risk and keep yuou employed... I do not think INS is going to come looking into your company.

So it is upto the company. If the company is caught in such situation ( which is a remote chance ) they are fined minimally. I wouldn't discuss this with the attorney either.