EAD renewal after expiration (I-485 pending)

SanKrish

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I had a misunderstanding of INS rules and let my EAD expire. Meanwhile I have already worked for four months past the EAD expiry date. I applied for I485 in March 2001 and it is still being processed by INS. I had sent a employee verification letter to INS in Sept 2002 in response to their RFE (My EAD expired in June 2002). I do not know if INS now knows that I have worked without a EAD. If they come to know, will it affect my I485? I have recently applied for a EAD renewal ( Oct 2002). Will INS deny my EAD renewal? My attorney says it can go either way as she knows of no precedent.
BTW, my wife had applied for I-485/EAD as a dependent (in Sep 2002) and her EAD was approved in Oct '02. And she went for fingerprinting this month (Nov 02). Can this be taken to mean that INS intends to approve my I-485? Please help!

I know that you want a soothsayer. Prior experience is not the rule. Dont give up hope though.
Your EAD indiscretion is likely to affect you at the time of 551 stamping or GC renewal or citizenship application. My opinion.

Same boat:
RD:09/17/01 NSC
FP:02/22/02
EAD expired:10/22/02
Got RFE 11/06/02
Employer letter, All employment docs
Filed EAD renewal on 11/12/02
Nothing received, Waiting???
Please advise what could happen.
Thanks

Could you tell which processing center your EAD was renewed at and did you check this info online ?

thanks

illi65,

were your checks encashed? If so then get a copy of the checks from the bank. It will have INS' endorsement on it. That way you will have something to track it with.

- Rajesh

Finally got EAD receipt notice today:
RD:11/13/02, ND 12/05/02, check hasn't been cleared.
Hopefully can get approval notice soon.

wow! INS works in mysterious ways! My checks are encashed but no receipt!!

Are there a bunch of morons sitting there?
- R