EAD Renewal after BCIS motion to reopen I-485 case?

tahito

Registered Users (C)
My work permit expired and while I send it for renewal, my I-485 was denied. I filed motion to reopen case which was approved and now my I-485 is back in process. Is there anyway I can get a document for the service offices stating that I am allowed to work while I await my EAD to be renewed.

Thanks.

tahito said:
My work permit expired and while I send it for renewal, my I-485 was denied. I filed motion to reopen case which was approved and now my I-485 is back in process. Is there anyway I can get a document for the service offices stating that I am allowed to work while I await my EAD to be renewed.

Thanks.

LOL NONE unless your EAD renew application pending more than 90 days. You must renew your EAD.

Doesn't the renewal I mentioned earlier count since it has prolonged 90 days. How long does a renewal take anyways? and what's the fastest way to get one.

tahito said:
Doesn't the renewal I mentioned earlier count since it has prolonged 90 days. How long does a renewal take anyways? and what's the fastest way to get one.

I think you should take the letter that states that processing on your I-485 has resumed and your EAD application receipt. You should be eligible for interim EAD.

I think your best bet is to just re-apply. I had my I-485 denied while my EAD was still pending. Motion to re-open I-485 was granted. I went to USCIS NYC to try and get an interim and they said I couldn't because my I-485 was denied. I showed them the letter stating that it was reopened, but they refused to give me the interim. Told me to write a letter to the National Benefits Center advising them of this, which I did. Then I consulted with a lawyer and they told me it was better to just re-apply. So I handed out another check to the government on Dec 13th. The new EAD status is approved according to the website, just waiting for the card. I never heard back about the letter I wrote, but I didn't expect anything more from them.

Hi kytana36,

My friend is in a similar situation. He doesn't speak/write English well so I'm writing on his behalf.

When you reapplied for your EAD, did you have to furnish additional info besides a copy of I-797C (Notice of MOTION TO REOPEN) as mention in the instruction page 5?

Also, it has been several months since he received his I-797C notice. Should he setup an INFOPASS to speak to a representative regarding his case?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Application Type: MOTIC , MOTION TO REOPEN BEFORE THE COMMISSIONER

"This case has been approved" after my friend and his wife setup an infoPass to inquire about the case in person. USCIS will send him his notice within 30 days. Once my friend received his notice, what is the next step for him? Will his EAD be automatically renewed?