EAD renewal AC 21 question

coolboy2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello

I need some information regarding AC21 and EAD portability

I have approved I140 and I485 is pending for more than 8 months. I am in the process of taking up a new job.
New company attorney is asking for I140 receipt/approval copies or atleast I140 receipt number, unfortunately my current company is not willing to reveal the I140 receipt number or any other documents related to I140.
I do have EAD and I485 receipt copies

According to the new company attroney

-I would need I140 documentaion for EAD renewal (EAD valid till NOV 04)
-Some kind of proof that I140 is approved

What are my options? I was reading about FOIA, but the process could take more than 1 months and this new company may not wait for so long.

Any hints would be very helpful.

Originally posted by coolboy2002
Hello

I need some information regarding AC21 and EAD portability

I have approved I140 and I485 is pending for more than 8 months. I am in the process of taking up a new job.
New company attorney is asking for I140 receipt/approval copies or atleast I140 receipt number,
------ for what??? why he needs? for the use of AC21 you need only the copy of LC form ETA750A that has your skills on it. it is better to have I-140 filing reciept or I-140 approval but it is not must to use AC21
unfortunately my current company is not willing to reveal the I140 receipt number or any other documents related to I140.
I do have EAD and I485 receipt copies
------ I-485 filing reciept is enough to use AC21, if you need the copies of LC I-140 then use FOIA ( search for FOIA many got I-140 copy and approved LC copy from USCIS directly)
According to the new company attroney

-I would need I140 documentaion for EAD renewal (EAD valid till NOV 04)
------ Lawyer is correct beacuse NSC and VSC need I-140 filing reciept or I-140 approval copy when you renew EAD, you have enough time use FOIA and you may get copies in 2-3 months.

-Some kind of proof that I140 is approved
---- YES they ask for it
What are my options? I was reading about FOIA, but the process could take more than 1 months and this new company may not wait for so long.

Any hints would be very helpful.

Thanks so much, Ginnu

I would pass on this info. to attorney and lets see what they have to say. Thanks again