EAD renewal > 90days

maulikthakkar

Registered Users (C)
My EAD expired 12/05/02, I sent my & my wife's EAD renewal in Sept. INS issued EAD for my wife which I received in the mail in 9 calendar days.

I called them couple of times and everytime I get a different answer. The latest was, my file needs to come from storage and it will take 2 to 6 weeks for it to be approved.

Does anyone have any experience to share ?

If it is more than 90 days, you should be able to get an interim EAD from the local INS office. Did you try getting an interim EAD from your local office?

hello maulikthakkar

I have similar experience. My EAD renewal is now almost 70 days, i called IIO's couple of times, they say 1-2 weeks time, still case is not approved.
Are you currently working on H-1?? If not what is your plan? I guess you can get your EAD from local INS office by showing the 484 and EAD renewal reciepts. Pls keep posting.

Thanks.

I switched jobs on EAD.

My new employer's attorney said I will not be able to continue working if my renewal does not come in time before it expires. So he filed for my H1B one day before my EAD expired.

My employer is not pushing to get my interim EAD from local INS office. H1B or EAD is going to be for one year. My problems will persist untill my I-485 gets approved, which has been transfered to Hartford,CT on 10/09/02 for interview.

EAD was a mechanism provided by INS so that applicants whose adjustment applications are pending can obtain employment. However, this delay is beating the entire purpose for which it was setup in the first place.

Question on EAD

If EAD renewal not approved even after 90 days and you are not on H1 status (expired) how can you continue your job after expiring your existing EAD.
Note: Some of the INS centers are not issuing EADs or Interim EADs.

Friends,
Anybody has any idea about issue of interim EAD from Newark INS. What are the documents you need to carry for your interim EAD. Is it necessary to submit a new application and to pay the fee $120 again for interim EAD. Your replies are highly appreciated.

Vinnu,

Whats your EAD details? Can U give details about Ur EAC numbers and dates?

My details are

EAC0304251***
RD 11/12
ND 11/23

Hi BikeBaba...and others

My EAD renewal RD is 10/23/02 and ND is 10/29. Current one expires in about 2 weeks.

Renewal receipt # EAC-03-022-51***.

I ran a search on about 30-40 EAD renewal cases yesterday with the same ND. Most of them got approved except 7-8 cases.
Hope for the best.

If any body gets an Interim EAD from local INS, please keep posted guys. That really help ppl like us.

I got interim EAD from Norfolk/VA INS office after 90 days of EAD RD. They asked for EAD receipt notice, filled up form of I-765 and ID. It took only 5 minutes to get EAD.