EAD renew in between work

Unbelievable

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife's EAD will expire on 04.02.04 and filed for renew of Rcvd. Date 02.04.04. Now can she take work beacuse before getting the renewed EAD, the present will get expired.

Can she continue work after the present EAD get expired and not getting the renewed EAD?

Please help.

Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Unbelievable
Hi,

My wife's EAD will expire on 04.02.04 and filed for renew of Rcvd. Date 02.04.04. Now can she take work beacuse before getting the renewed EAD, the present will get expired.

Can she continue work after the present EAD get expired and not getting the renewed EAD?

Please help.

Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

No she cannot work without proper work authorization. She can get interim EAD at local office 90 days after filing EAD at service center (if your I-485 is pending there)

Hi,

So this is not like H1B where after you get the received no for transferring or renewing H1B you can continue work before your case got approved.

Am I right?

Unbelievable.:(

You must file 90 days prior to EAD expiration date to avail interim EAD. In your case, you have to wait for 90 days, and you might be eligible in May, 2004 for iEAD. She can't work after April 2nd, 2004.