EAD received with error

Jaypatel76,
In my case, it was their mistake so I didn't send any check. Now looking at the letter you received, I think you should send I765, a check, all supporting documents, a copy of your NOA for I485 and I130 to Chicago. You can try step 1 as cherr1980 suggested to try to save some money, but if you don't care about money and do not want to wait then send everything to Chicago. For me, wait kills me. This is my suggetion. Keep us updated.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I have send application to Chicago lockbox. I forget I765/485 NOA. I will just wait for their letter. Let see what they say. Since it was my fault I guess i should have send to chicago.

Regarding customer rep, they told me that normally it should be going to MO but since my letter said to send to chicago lockbox, I should sent to chi-town.

I found that i can still work anywhere with approved ead. (hope i m right on that one).

Anyways, I will keep you updated.
thanks again.

Jay

amishah said:
Jaypatel76,
In my case, it was their mistake so I didn't send any check. Now looking at the letter you received, I think you should send I765, a check, all supporting documents, a copy of your NOA for I485 and I130 to Chicago. You can try step 1 as cherr1980 suggested to try to save some money, but if you don't care about money and do not want to wait then send everything to Chicago. For me, wait kills me. This is my suggetion. Keep us updated.
Thanks

Hi everyone,

I received a NOA for my I-765 form, which i filed last week, with different receipt number. THe notice also says that "the next step is to have your biometrics taken, if required, at a US citizenship and immigration services (USCIS) and Application Service Center (ASC)".

It also says USCIS will schedule your biometrics appointment. You will receive an appointment notice with specific times, dates and place.

I thought I wont have to go through the crap, although it says "if required", I wonder how long would they take to process this application, they received it on 14th September. NBC is still processing applications from 21st July, it will take them a couple of months to get to my application.
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?

So does that mean i will get my EAD possibly after couple of months? One good thing is I can still work on my old ead without restrictions.

Thanks,

Jay

jaypatel76 said:
Hi everyone,

I received a NOA for my I-765 form, which i filed last week, with different receipt number. THe notice also says that "the next step is to have your biometrics taken, if required, at a US citizenship and immigration services (USCIS) and Application Service Center (ASC)".

It also says USCIS will schedule your biometrics appointment. You will receive an appointment notice with specific times, dates and place.

I thought I wont have to go through the crap, although it says "if required", I wonder how long would they take to process this application, they received it on 14th September. NBC is still processing applications from 21st July, it will take them a couple of months to get to my application.
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/NBCprocesstimes.jsp?

So does that mean i will get my EAD possibly after couple of months? One good thing is I can still work on my old ead without restrictions.

Thanks,

Jay
Looks like they have considered it as a brand new application since you didn't attached NOA for I485/I765. Have you mentioned your new A# some where? or have you mentioned that this error correction?

Yes, I checked on "Replacement of EAD Card" instead of New application. also, had a cover letter as well as another letter explaining replacement. I wished i never came over here ... india was better ... well i have started working on my EAD with my current employer ... i hope i get new card soon..

amishah said:
Looks like they have considered it as a brand new application since you didn't attached NOA for I485/I765. Have you mentioned your new A# some where? or have you mentioned that this error correction?

ead with wrong name

Hi Amishah,
I have a question. I had wrong middle initial on my EAD and I send to Lee's summit as per your instruction. Its was uscis error . Its been 1 month and still i havent received any recepit from uscis,.
my question is :
1) will i get a new receipt number recepit if its their error ?
2) if not will i directly get the EAD. How do I make sure that my application is in their system and not lost.

Just following up on the post. I havent received new EAD card yet, it says case still processing. My application was received on September 19th and NSC is currently processing September 22nd (was September 15th couple of days). I am loosing my patience. I have already started working on my EAD. I have my I-485 interview with my wife 2 weeks back. Although, I though i was fortunate to get interview within 5 months of application but things dint go well over there. I was told that my FBI clearance is pending and now its matter of time when it will be cleared (could take upto 9 months or who knows). I was planning to go to india (already bought tickets and have to go) on 1st week of January thinking i will receive PR card within weeks after my 485 interview and DINT even apply for I-131. Now I am in a fix whether to go to Local INS office and apply for Emergency one or apply I-131 online and then go to INS office after couple of weeks saying there is an emergency. Can you guys suggest me what to do? I know I will need some proof from india showing there is a medical emergency. Does any body know what should be written by the doctor?
Thanks in advance ....