EAD received with error

akko777

Registered Users (C)
I finally received my EAD yesterday, was so excited and all, then noticed they put my sex wrong. (I don't know if it's my picture, or they are just messing with me.)
customer service person told me to send it back to where it came from. yeah, sweet....
would it be Chicago address which you send package or the missouri service center which is a PO box in Lee's Summit, MO.
I thought I might be able to get a quick answer here rather than holding on the phone for a hour. Thanks for your help!

They mean to return it at the sender's address. Check the address on the envelope that you received your EAD, that is the address they are talking about.

Did the Customer Service told you if you have to indicate the corrections or just send it back?

Good luck,

Thanks so much

They just told me to send it back with new I-765 and original I-765.
765 doesn't have a check box for correction... I might just highlight it or something...
sending it back makes me really nervous, though.......

No not the EAD card, the envelope from where it arrives. What is the address?
New I-765, means send a new form? I will call again! That is weird, well I have no experience in that situation, but it doesn't sounds logic, since the place where the EAD cards are done is a different State from Chicago, I think is in Kentucky. And they just do it and see that is approved and then they do it.
Call again and ask for more information before send it.

Good luck,

akko777 said:
I finally received my EAD yesterday, was so excited and all, then noticed they put my sex wrong. (I don't know if it's my picture, or they are just messing with me.)
customer service person told me to send it back to where it came from. yeah, sweet....
would it be Chicago address which you send package or the missouri service center which is a PO box in Lee's Summit, MO.
I thought I might be able to get a quick answer here rather than holding on the phone for a hour. Thanks for your help!
This happened with my EAD. They spelled my name wornge. Send the original EAD, copy of I765 that you have send initially ( to prove that it is their mistake and not yours. You have wrote correct info on form) and a new I765 to replace your EAD.
Send all this to Lee Summit, MO form where it came.
I got my correcte EAD within 3 weeks.

amishah said:
This happened with my EAD. They spelled my name wornge. Send the original EAD, copy of I765 that you have send initially ( to prove that it is their mistake and not yours. You have wrote correct info on form) and a new I765 to replace your EAD.

Thanks! good to know Amishah!

Good luck,

Thanks

amishah said:

Thanks amishah.
on the new I765, did you check the box for replacement? it says (of lost employment authorization document). It would be a replacement but not for lost.... would be for correction of error, right? What did you do with yours?

Thanks

akko777 said:
Thanks amishah.
on the new I765, did you check the box for replacement? it says (of lost employment authorization document). It would be a replacement but not for lost.... would be for correction of error, right? What did you do with yours?

Thanks
I had selected the Replacement option and then wrote 'Error Correction on EAD'

amishah said:
I had selected the Replacement option and then wrote 'Error Correction on EAD'

Thanks for a quick reply.
o.k I feel better now about sending it back.

Thanks again

akko777 said:

Thanks again
Also I had send a cover letter with it. Saying need to correct the error bla... bla.. bla

May I ask when did you send in your first time I-765?
I sent in at end of July, now I receive a receipt from Lee Summi's, MO, says USCIS will schedule my appointment and send me another notice.
Mine is for renewal EAD, and it wasn't this way at first time. First time was Sep 2004, I just called in and schedule my own appoinment. Now, I have to wait.

I will leave America in Sepember, so I wish the schedule didn't put in Sep.
May I know when did you send in your forms and when did you do your Bio?

akko,

Did you received your new EAD replacement yet? I had the same issue, applied for replacement last week. Just wanna know how long does it take.
I know "AmiShah" received her in about 3 weeks.
thanks,

Jay

akko777 said:

Thanks again

no, haven't received it.
a lady at USCIS told me the card is still good for employment, so I just made copies for my employee and sent the card back to Missouri. so I have been working.
so I don't really worry about it. but maybe give them a call next week or so.
I will keep you posted.

jaypatel76 said:
akko,

Did you received your new EAD replacement yet? I had the same issue, applied for replacement last week. Just wanna know how long does it take.
I know "AmiShah" received her in about 3 weeks.
thanks,

Jay

Akko,

Do you remember where did u send the original application to?
I send it to NBC, POBox 648005, Lees Summit, MO and received it back after a week.
do i need to send it to 427. S. LaSalle Ste 300, Chicago, IL?
Thanks

Jay

akko777 said:
no, haven't received it.
a lady at USCIS told me the card is still good for employment, so I just made copies for my employee and sent the card back to Missouri. so I have been working.
so I don't really worry about it. but maybe give them a call next week or so.
I will keep you posted.

I meant where did send the replacement application to?

Also, since I have received my application back, i want to make i need to file a "Replacement (of Lost Employment Authorized Document)" I-765 Application or send a apply for a new employment authorization application.
Thanks,

Jay

jaypatel76 said:
Akko,

Do you remember where did u send the original application to?
I send it to NBC, POBox 648005, Lees Summit, MO and received it back after a week.
do i need to send it to 427. S. LaSalle Ste 300, Chicago, IL?
Thanks

Jay

I am not sure what you mean.
Are you renewing yours? I don't understand why they send your application back.
Mine was simply error on the card. I send to Lees Summit address, not Chicago. (at least that's I was told) but since I haven't received my replacement, I can't give you 100% correct answer.

jaypatel76 said:
I meant where did send the replacement application to?

Also, since I have received my application back, i want to make i need to file a "Replacement (of Lost Employment Authorized Document)" I-765 Application or send a apply for a new employment authorization application.
Thanks,

Jay

Jaypate76,
I don't know why they send your application back? Did they gave you ay reason? I send mine to Lee Summit, MO only. I don't remeber exact address but it was on the envelop in which I received my EAD. Did send them your original EAD with it?

Well here is what the letter says

"The National Benefits Center is NOT a fee receipting facility. The application/petition, along with any fees and supporting documentation submitted to National Benefits Center is being returned to you with this Notice. Please resubmit your application/petition with any applicable fees to Chicago Lockbox, please mail your request to 427 S. LaSalle, Ste 300, Chicago, IL 60605. Be sure to include the correct fees and supporting documentation with your application."

Now, I did a mistake in "birth year" in the original I-765 application. So I had send a check of $175 along with supporting documents (ie I-94 / Passport Copy, H1-B Approval Notice, Employment Proof, 2 Copies of Photo, Original EAD Card) to Lees Summit, MO.
Now I am confused where the heck should i send the application to. I called INS last night, that told me that I am SUPPOSED to send the faulty EAD card back to where is came from (according to their rules / paper) but I can send it back to Chicago too.

No body is giving me correct answer.

I might just send to Chicago office.

Did you guys send check with your application?
Thanks,

Jay

I guess our cases are a bit different.
mine and Amishah were USCIS's error, so I didn't send a check with it.
I think if it is your mistake, yes, you need to attach a payment.
as long as where you should send it to, I am really not sure....
Amishah, any idea?

jaypatel76 said:
Well here is what the letter says

"The National Benefits Center is NOT a fee receipting facility. The application/petition, along with any fees and supporting documentation submitted to National Benefits Center is being returned to you with this Notice. Please resubmit your application/petition with any applicable fees to Chicago Lockbox, please mail your request to 427 S. LaSalle, Ste 300, Chicago, IL 60605. Be sure to include the correct fees and supporting documentation with your application."

Now, I did a mistake in "birth year" in the original I-765 application. So I had send a check of $175 along with supporting documents (ie I-94 / Passport Copy, H1-B Approval Notice, Employment Proof, 2 Copies of Photo, Original EAD Card) to Lees Summit, MO.
Now I am confused where the heck should i send the application to. I called INS last night, that told me that I am SUPPOSED to send the faulty EAD card back to where is came from (according to their rules / paper) but I can send it back to Chicago too.

No body is giving me correct answer.

I might just send to Chicago office.

Did you guys send check with your application?
Thanks,

Jay

I think he has like three options:
1. To sent back to the Lee Summit address ONLY his application like it was USCIS error and see what happen (if they do it again).
2. To sent again his application with the fee again and then he must wait ALL this time, I doubt that they will take it as a previous application will be like again a new one. Now if you going to send to Chicago Lockbox attach a copy of your I-485/I-130 NOA.
3. Called the customer service and ask if the applicant is the one who comitted the error then what is the procedure if he must sent all back with fee to Chicago and wait another xx weeks for EAD to be issue.