EAD question

Hi,
I walked in on Friday after mailing it in on Wed. I spoke to an IIO about the hardship and he was kind enough to give me an appt for Tuesday. I walked in tuesday and walked out with the EAD.
By the way.. I got an RFE for myself and my spouse.. Online and AVM updated today... saying RFE sent on June 16th.. What might it be? Any thoughts? RFE for EAD renewal sounds weird.

Rgds,
Krishna

RFEs for EADs are actually not that weird these days (I find that weird). Previous threads revealed that BCIS asked several people to send colored copies of passport pages. I'm not sure if it applies mainly to applicants from NSEERs impacted countries. My EAD took almost 6 months to approve (no RFE though) so these days expect just about anything. Another possibility for RFE is if you forgot anything in the original appication (i.e. picture).

rgds,
sadiq

Interim EAD Q

Can I apply for an Interim EAD only for EAD renewal or for a new one?

My I485 and I765 were filed in beginning of May 03 and I would like to go down to the local BCIS office and get an iEAD beg Aug if I can.

sdd

I got my one year EAD extension from local office.

My attorney informed me that NSC will return my pending EAD extension applcation since my 485 application transferred to local office and I can get EAD from local office. I went to Bloomington office they waived application fee (because I already paid this fee to NSC office) and issued me EAD same day. :) Good luck to all

Approved

I am from NSEERS country but I was not subject for finger printing because my last entry the US was after 09/30/02 and I was also not registered at the border upon my last entry. I received RFE on both 485 and EAD applications regarding NSEERS registration. They requested for a copy of the arrival-departure record (I-94) that indicates NSEERS registration (Fingerprint Identification Number). In response to RFE my attorney sent a letter to cover all these detail and explained them why I am not subject for the registration. Then after following things happened:

485 case was transferred from NSC to local office (Bloomington, Minnesota) … June 03.
Second EAD applied in July 03 at local office and received it same day
Second finger printing was done in Oct. 03.
Interview call letter received in Nov 03.
Interview was done in Dec 03. Passport was also stamped at the time of interview.

Today I feel free … wish you best of luck.