EAD Question

k_darbha

Registered Users (C)
I have applied EAD2 on 29th July 2005 and haven't got approved yet.But USCIS is currently processing Aug 22nd 2005.Can I call USCIS and find out what is going on with my case? Please suggest.

k_darbha said:
I have applied EAD2 on 29th July 2005 and haven't got approved yet.But USCIS is currently processing Aug 22nd 2005.Can I call USCIS and find out what is going on with my case? Please suggest.

NO you canot. Because your RD has to be 30 days past the processing dates. i.e. You can enquire after processing dates show Aug 29 or later.

Dear 'k_darbha'

Any news on your EAD....

I applied my EAD recently......thinking about WAIT.....dont know how long I'll be in the Q.........

k_darbha said:

Where did you get this date - Aug 22? I've just checked USCIS website and they are working on Jun 25, 2005 cases (based on I-485)

lovensing,I haven't heard any thing regarding my EAD.

sertra2002,I saw on 21st Sep it appeared to me as Aug 22nd 2005.But when I looked at it yesterday,it was showing up as June 25th 2005.Excuse me for the confusion.Both times I looked at the same place. :confused:

Where to Mail EAD, AP documents...

Friends,

There seems to be some confusion as to where the Documents to Renew EAD and AP has to be sent, could one of you please let me know if the docs have to be sent to the Vermont Center where my I-485 is pending or the Chicago Lock Box address....

Also, I heard recently people are getting 3 year Valid EADs what is the trick? any special fee? special forms to be filled or how?

TIA

The way I understand it, you need to apply at the Chicago Lockbox ONLY if you are applying under the Family Based Category. I am in the same boat as you and I filed my 485 at VSC. I got my EAD approved last month.

We need to send the documents,where your I-485 application is pending.I guess that will be Vermont center.I have applied my EAD 2 months ago at Vermont ,haven't got approved but got the receipt.

For documents required,see the below tracker:

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=137247

Regarding the 3 year EAD,I haven't heard any thing about it.But heard that USCIS are granting 3 years H1 for applicants applying for extension beyond 6 years ,whose GC application is pending beyond one year.