EAD problem

csn

Registered Users (C)
I applied EAD at Vermont Center with RD 11/18/03 based on pending concurrent 485 and 140 (RD 06/25/03), since it already passed 90 days. I went to local office to try to get an interim EAD yesterday, and was told a letter asking for initial evidence was sent on 02/17/04, and I have to wait another 90 days after replying it to get interim EAD. But when I check online, even now it still shows my EAD case is still pending, no such RFE letter sent out.

Any one has any thoughts?

Check online status for ur 140/485 applications. You may have got RFE on any one of those which will also cause delay in issuance of yor EAD.

Thanks, but I just checked my EAD, 140, 485 online status, all are pending without any RFE mentioned.

Then I called the BCIS 1800 number, they told me my EAD is pending, and now Vermont Center is processing the applications in Oct 2003. And they refuse to provide any further information about my EAD case since my RD is Nov 2003.

Yesterday at BCIS local office, they double checked for me , and they are very sure a REF sent out at 02/17/2004. That is why I am not eligible for the interim EAD. sigh.......

Hi csn, can you please tell me which local center did you go to?
Was it Arlington in DC?
Actually I also have an RFE on my EAD?

thanks,

hopeful1021, my local office at Newark,NJ. BTW, what document they are asking for in your EAD case? How does BCIS website reflect your case status? Is it consistent with local office?

I called 1800 BCIS again, and was told they do not know why they are different from what local offfice see... sigh... frustrating...

Hi Csn,

In my case they had asked for a photo id which I sent on 17th Nov 2003. Still no decision.
The online status currently says that they have received the response to the RFE. The local office also says the same thing and has refused to give interim EAD because of the RFE (even after 90 days of receiving the RFE).

Any of you guys got your I-140?

My RD of I-140/485/765 is Sep 26 2003

RFE on I-140 on Dec 21 2003 (Education evaluation/prvious emplyment letter)

RFE replied on Jan 21 2004

I-140 approved yesterday (from BCIS web site) .

EAD still pending. (Same status from the begining on BCIS web site)

Can I get my interim EAD by showing I-140 approved notice?

No, my 140/485 RD is 06/25/2003, still pending. I think you can get interim EAD in your case as long as it passed 90 days.

Good luck.

hi xyzzyxxyzyzx,
How long did it take for INS to show as it received response to RFE after you u mailed it ?.

My RFE reply is mailed on last friday, i still do not see it online as they recd. it.

Today, I got this message. It means the local office is faster in updating their database than the one open to public

On February 25, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.