EAD ordered = 485 delayed ?

pdd123

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I had applied for EAD in March 07 at NSC.
Since I-485 was pending there(xferred from CSC), I had hoped that this would trigger I-485 approval and then EAD would not be approved.However EAD is now approved :
see the e-mail.

Does this mean that USCIS expects that I-485 approval could be significantly delayed ?

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 5, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you.

--regards
pdd123

PD 12/2001
EB3/India self labor CSC
Labor certified : 04/2004
I140/485 concurrent filing (CSC):08/2004
I-140 approved : 03/2005
I-485 stuck in namecheck
I-485 CSC->NSC xfer : 02/2007
2nd FP : 04/2007
I-485 : delayed for ever ??

There is no logic such as EAD triggering 485 approval, etc. Infact, there is no logic in INS' GC processing. So, sit tight and hope for the best.

Yeah I agree with the above post .... I don't think USCIS thinks so much when approving EADs.
The only thing they probably check is that a 485 is indeed pending - that's it.

Since your dates are now current, just have to hang in there and see what happens.

"There is no logic such as EAD triggering 485 approval, etc. Infact, there is no logic in INS' GC processing. So, sit tight and hope for the best."

Perhaps not--
I based my theory on 3 things
1.Long story of my ex colleague & good friend:
Both of us started GC on same day with same employer.
he got approved (nearly 3 years back), while I got stuck in NC
When he got approved, he also had a pending EAD application.
Both his EAD & AOS applications had LUD on the same date.
then he got emails that AOS was approved
Then he got emails that the EAD application was "closed" (or something of that nature) as the underlying AOS was approved.
He believed (as many members in the forum) that the EAD triggered the approval on AOS. (since EAD is processed 'faster')

2. I have LUD on both EAD & AOS..
Message for EAD has changed to "card ordered"
Message for AOS has NOT changed "case xferred..blah..blah"

3. Why would NSC approve EAD unless they believe that the AOS is not going to be adjudicated soon ?
(whenever they approve the EAD, they always check the underlying AOS petition)

-pdd123

Last edited by a moderator:
Your logic is based on a single case - maybe it was just coincidence that it happened that way for your friend ?

"Your logic is based on a single case - maybe it was just coincidence that it happened that way for your friend ?"

I sure hope that was a coincidence..and the opposite does not happen to me..

--pdd123