EAD or H-1 at I-140 stage

orono

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I plan to submit I-140 and I-485 in the next a couple of weeks. My laywer saied that EAD is good for the recent economical enviroments. My current status is H-1B

My question is: If I get my EAD, what is my status? Can I still work for my company by using H-1? or my H-1 status is lost because I applied EAD and got the EAD?

Thanks

Orono

I am in the same situation. My I-140/485 was filed concurrently to the VSC, and I jsut got my 7th year extension on the H-1B.

I am also wondering, can I travel on a H-1B, while my I-140 and the EAD is pending ? Can anybody put some thoughts on this, please?

:p

orono

Hi Friends!

ORONO, your H-1 status will not be lost if you have an EAD but do not use it. So, yes you can still work for your company and you will still be on H-1 status as long as you don't use the EAD.

you wont lose your h1 status if you use your EAD. With EAD, you can also work a second job without any authorization or without even your employer being informed. However you should be working for your company which sponsored your h1b.