EAD Not Received - GOOD NEWS

luna_ca

Registered Users (C)
All of you guys, from the EAD Not Received thread, knows that I got approved in May and didn't get my card.
Well, after one phone call at the National Service Center and two fax to Texas, I finally got a message from USCIS this morning that they will be sendint me another card.
I am so hysterically happy!
I will let you know as soon as I receive my card.
Good luck to all of you who didn't receive their cards.

Luna ,
Congratulations!!!!
Please help me too , you know that I too have same situation . How did you get the fax number and what did you write in the fax?

I called twice to the natinal service center but the representative said I have to wait another 30 days.

JP
Here is what happened with me and here is what I did.
May 24, 2004: EAD approved
May 27, 2004: Received message that EAD was sent
June 8, 2004: My lawyer received a notice stating that my EAD was approved and the card had been sent.
June 28, 2004: Called USCIS National line to ask them why I didn't receive my card. They opened an inquiry.
July 8, 2004: Received a message from USCIS that they had received my returned card on July 6. Then called the National line and ask them to inquire again. They said they couldn't before the 28 of July and I had to wait.
July 12, 2004: Received memo from USCIS saying that following my June 28, 2004 inquiry, they didn't receive my card by return of mail and that I would have to reapply.

I FRECKED!

July 14, 2004: Called National Service Center again and told them my problem. The gentleman this time was very very helpful (for a change). He gave me a fax number for me to send a memo to TSC explaining my problem.
Here is what I included in my package:
- A memo including a short explanation of the problem and all the dates above (this needs to be only one page). (I put the memo in attachement so you can take a look at it)
- My original application showing that my address never changed.
- My approval notice that they had sent to my lawyer
- The memo they send me saying that they didn't receive my card back
- The printout of the web site where it says that they had received my card back.
They say that if they don't response to you within 72 hours, usually they won't take care of you thing.
July 20, 2004: Still no change on my internet status so I went on the web site and found another fax number for General Expedite Proecedures by fax. I think that the guy at National wanted to give me that fax number but he made a mistake. So, I sent my letter again.

THIS TIME, IT WORKED!

July 23, 2004: Received an e-mail from USCIS saying that they had re-approved my card on July 22, 2004 and that as soon as it was ready, they would send it again (which is within the 72 hours they are talking about on the internet)

Now, I am waiting for the card in the mail.
Hope this can help

Luna,
Thanks a ton....
Thanks a lot for atking the pain of writing everything in detail. :)
I do not have the approval letter , as it never reached me but I have all the emails which USCIS sent me from the date of approval to date of return( the card returned back to USCIS).

I will try pulling out the fax number of VSC , and will try my luck.

Thanks again

i have a question about EAD FORM I-765.. Currently iam on EAD & applying for renewal ..

what should i enter in the column 15
Current immigration status : - ????

H1B got expired and currenty using EAD.. ,, So, what should i enter in column 15?

Hey,
Just wanted to inform you all that I got my EAD card. I think you have the idea that my EAD got approved on june 25th but I never got the card. the online messg said the card was returned back to VSC. I called the 800 number, after 14 days , they started the inquiry , they asked me to wait another 30days and I got my card on aug 9th ,within 30 days

JP1977,

I read from the list that you had a problem where the EAD card was returned back to VSC.

I have a similar problem. I have filed an enquiry and even sent a normal mail with a letter stating the problem with supporting documentation to VSC.

I received a email from USCIS that it was returned to them on Feb 23rd and I did this enquiry filing on Feb 24th 2005. I am waiting now to get my EAD!

There has been no change in status after that. I heard you got the card back within 30 days. Did u have any online case status change during that time.

What else did u do? I have a offer in hand but not able to take it due to this.
Please reply.