EAD News!!!

Kanadian

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

My attorney submitted our 2nd EAD and AP five months prior to the expiry data coz everyone nowadays say that one should file six months before expity but guess what, I got my EAD approved only in one month and 13 days so now i lost couple of months fees. I dont know if one should file that early or 3 months prior is fine so atleast we wont lose fee for couple of months.

my details are here:

I485 ND 5/5/2003
Nebraska Center

Yes, I got email from BCIS that they approved our EAD applications today and cards have been ordered.

Congrats

I have applied for my 3rd ead on feb RD feb 16th still no news..
My 2nd EAD exp date jul 13, i hope i hear something before that..

So after all it is not a bad idea to apply 6 months before :)

BTW i filed online

Kanadian said:
Folks,

... I got my EAD approved only in one month and 13 days so now i lost couple of months fees. ...

I asked a similar question before and most of the responses indicated that USCIS is
issuing new EADs with an effective date immediately following the old EADs expiry date.
Apparently, when you get the new EAD approved doesn't seem to matter ( like your case ).
So your new EAD would be valid starting only after a few more months.

Once you get the EAD, can you please respond to this post and confirm what was your new effective and expiry dates ??

Thanks!

My EAD was effective from the date after expiry of old one, not from the date of approval. However my AP was effective from the date of approval and it was almost two months prior to expiry of the then valid one.

max2k1 said:
I asked a similar question before and most of the responses indicated that USCIS is
issuing new EADs with an effective date immediately following the old EADs expiry date.
Apparently, when you get the new EAD approved doesn't seem to matter ( like your case ).
So your new EAD would be valid starting only after a few more months.

Once you get the EAD, can you please respond to this post and confirm what was your new effective and expiry dates ??

Thanks!

sure, I will

mxc said:
My EAD was effective from the date after expiry of old one, not from the date of approval. However my AP was effective from the date of approval and it was almost two months prior to expiry of the then valid one.

So for those overlapping 2 months, are both the APs valid ?
I mean if you are traveling outside in that timeframe, can you use the old one to re-enter ?

Really curious ... I wish USCIS would standardize on issuing new docs with effective date after the old one's expiry ... atleast we'll waste less money that way ....

my EAD and AP approved - fast

My 3rd EAD / AP applications were mailed to NSC on 3/12

both were approved by 5/8...and I've received the EAD card yesterday 5/11.

As for valid dates...the new card is valid from 7/04 thru 7/05.
so as mentioned above by someone, I did not waste any "valid" months because I filed early.

sangwonc

AP valid dates are unknown yet

I don't have my AP papers yet....but I hope they are also valid from July 04....not earlier..

I am here again folks,

our AP also got approved yesterday and got email from BCIS. dont know details but in 50 days I got this approval i guess...I will post details tomorrow

Got ead for my wife after about 50 days. (Email notice)
The old one actually expired when we submited her renewal application but her H1 has not expried yet.

2nd EAD ND 3/15/2004 Aproved on 5/10/2004
2nd AP ND 3/15/2004 Aproved on 5/11/2004

will let you know what is the starting date on these docs as my attorney applied almost 6 months earlier.