EAD LATE! (I can't find the answer in this forum so here's my thread.)

EAD Expedited Processing

Hi Pravar,

There are no specific forms for expedited processing. I just wrote a letter addressed to the Director/Immigration Officer, INS Nebraska giving the details of my EAD filings and copy of receipt notice. In the letter I mentioned that my current employer demands valid EAD and my employment may be in jeopardy if I do not receive the renewed EAD within the expiry of the current EAD. I faxed to the numbers available in the forum. I saw LUD but there is no change in the message. I am still waiting for the renewed EAD. I do not know how long INS will take for expedited(!) processing. It is really scary to see that getting an EAD has become as difficult as getting a green card.

Nothing can be done but waiting..
GJ

dms said:
'answersinthis' - you must have signed an I-9 when you started your H1B job. If you didn't then your employer made a mistake. The preamble from the I-9 form states: "All U.S. employers are responsible for completion and retention of Form I-9 for each individual they hire for employment in the United States. This includes citizens and noncitizens." It is fairly clear from this wording that it applies to every one working in a job.

You are wrong about the interim-EAD by the way. Local offices stopped issuing them earlier this year because they were not able to generate the cards to the required level of security.

So the USCIS agent at the INFOPASS lied to me?

I still haven't got anything.
Not going to the part-time job, but to the full-time one that has the H1. Just following what the INFOPASS woman said.
For processing times of the national benefits center, they put "processing december 5th, receipt dates of september 14th". My receipt date is september 12th. ONLINE AND OVER THE PHONE they tell me it's september 28th, as sept 28th is the notice date. Bunch of idiots. The only way they believe me is at the infopass cos they CAN READ IT on the paper.
I'm going to the Infopass next week since it will be more than 90 days from receipt date, that's what the agent told me to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD mess

E-filed EAD 07/04/2006
I did my biometrics on 07/25/2006
RFE 12/11/2006 -after 5 month and 7 days- from the filing date, I know that EAD application processing time is 90 days.
HOW can they send RFE for EAD after 157 days!!!!
************Can Any one answer this question??************

what to do??????

E-filed EAD 07/04/2006
RFE 12/11/2006 -after 5 month and 7 days- from the filing date, I know that EAD application processing time is 90 days.

To Hossamny

Hossamny,

Where is your case being processed? Is it at NSC? I would be interested to know since my EAD is pending over 120 days. Did Infopass, but DOs no longer issue EADs. Keep waiting...

Local office wont give iEAD, but they can contact the USCIS and get the EAD for you. They send an email and USCIS is supposed to respond in 15 days. Thats what local office rep told me when I took infopass.

Did you ask them to initiate the query?

kathynagy said:
Hossamny,

Where is your case being processed? Is it at NSC? I would be interested to know since my EAD is pending over 120 days. Did Infopass, but DOs no longer issue EADs. Keep waiting...

Thank you getmeone for the info...

i have finished 90 days according to my receipt date and 70 days accoring to the online RD.
However i am looking forward to the info pass appointment , could you pls sugest me what i have to request to them. and what will the ccccccustomer service represenative do when we call the uscis number after 90 days limit. thank you in advance for help and suggestions

My case is pending with MO service center,
E-filed EAD 07/04/2006

GrimJudge
Did you get your ead approved ? Your lud was on 11/20.. just wondering whether the expedite fax is really working.

GrimJudge said:
Hi Kirankumarj,

I have applied for EAD renewal on 09/30/06 and sent a expedited processing request through fax on 11/20/06. I saw LUD on 11/20/06 but there is no email or change in the status message. After sending the fax for expedited processing, how many days it took for you for the approval/renewal? My EAD is expiring very soon and I am really concerned about this.

Please post your thoughts.

Thanks!
GJ :(

EAD Fiasco

I am in the similar situation as most of you. I am an employment based AOS applicant and been working on EAD for last 2 years. Last I765 was applied at VSC in July 2005 which is still pending (yup they told me due to background check none of my applications can be adjucated). I got 2 interim EAD's in the mean time. Current one is expiring dec 27th so I went this morning as usual to DO through infopass appointment thinking that i will get my interim one for another 6 months. Unfortunately was told that DOs dont issue interim EAD's anymore and also since i have taken 2 ead's (6 monthly each) on the existing application i now have to apply I765 again for renewal of ead either online or to chicago lockbox facility. You guys can just imagine the frustration when they told me this ..i applied for I765 right away (today) but it will be at least couple of months if i will get anything.

From this forum, it seems like some guys have been working on expired ead's but their case was AOS (married to USC). does the theory that they have hold true for AOS employment based as well??

Also for all those guys whose EAD got expired, what did you guys do about license renewal? I am in VA and they are very strict about this. Any suggestions?

Help needed desperately. Thanks

I got approved.lol

:) Hey guys, finally I received the 3 magic e-mails today"Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.
My Best wishes for you all, don't just wait on your case, do something about it. I filed in july,5,2006 and rcvd RFE in dec,12,2006 !!and if it wasn't for all the letters and phone calls that I made, it would take another 60 days.
finally, thanks for the help and support from all of you, I will start work on my I-485 :(
Peace :)