EAD Issue policy

r240968

Registered Users (C)
what is the law to issue EAD.Is it 90 days i from the date of receipt notice or it is from the date of I-140 approval.

There is a big confusion .please clarify.

I filed I-140,EAD,485 CONCURRENTLY on june 10.When should i expect EAD. If it does not come in 90days can i get interim EAD.

OR this 90 day period starts only after I 140 Approval.
Or if it is required to get I140 approved before interim EAD is issued.

Nobody has answered this.. i have the same query.. when we file cocurrently for I-140, 485 and EAD ......when is the EAD issued? After the I-140 is approved or 90 days from the recipt date..

thanks

There is no rule that EAD should be issued in 90 days.

U can apply for i-EAD, if 90 days have passed after u applied for EAD.

Thanks for your reply.

so if the I 140 is not approved within 90 days then one can apply for i EAD.

Is this true,

rock1 what are your filing details.

Yes, u can apply for i-EAD even if ur I-140 (filed concurrently with I485) is pending - provided u did not get RFE for the I-140.

I just heard from a firend of mine that when concurrently filling for I-140, 485 and EAD . the EAD will be issued immediately (1 month to 3 months) from the filling date. This means that they do not necessarly have to wait for the !-140 to be cleared to issue the EAD.

Hi,

After 90 days of filing concurrently I went to local Ins and got my interim EAD I do not have any queries on I-140/EAD/I-485. Hope this helps

My Wife went to Local INS office for interim EAD and they issued EAD to her for 3 months . Our I-140/I485/EAD are all Pending since Nov-2002. No RFE on I-140

Thanks

What is Concurrent Filing

My I-140 is filed on march 24,03 and my i-485 is filed on April 24,03. is it still called concurrent filing?

YES . It is concurrent filing .if one apply for I-1485 after approval of I-140 then it is not concurrent.And even in concurrent filing that EAD not approved within 90 days applies even if I-140 is not approved (but no rfe should be there on I-140)

No need to pay

Hi,

For getting interim EAD there is no need to pay $120 again just show the reciept notices along with the passport.

IM EAD

Can any body tell me what is IM ead - interrim EAD , what are its characteristics , how long is it valid for ?

Interim EAD

Thank you for the info .

Can you also please tell me , if i donot recieve EAD withing 90 days , can i go to any nearest BCIS center for collecting it ?
To me the nearest one is Denver Co , ( 3 hrs from my place ) , next is omaha , ne ( 5 hrs from my place )
If so, can i go directly or should i fix an appointment with BCIS .
Can you give me right phone no: to call BCIS , if you have .

Yes, if u have not received the EAD within 90 days of ur filing of EAD - u can go to the local BCIS office and get an i-EAD.
Some offices require appointment and some walk-in. Check with ur local office.
Sorry, i dont have phone no.

Can I get i-EAD from Boston If my I-140 and I-485 filed from Nebraska

My I-140 and I-485 is filed in Nebraska whereas I work in Boston. Can I get i-EAD from Boston after 90 days of filing for EAD?