EAD is expiring before renweal date

thx Jimothy for EAD news

Thx jimothy, I have very similar case as yours, appreciate your reply, I am gone take my chances gona work on expired EAD , you will not beleive I use to renew my EAD 3 motnsh before the immigration officer told me as I was on EAD from last 3 years he said since its while you had applied AOS and evry time when you renew EAD we do in one day you are lossing 3 months as they use to give me EAD from that day, this is the first freaking year they changed that after oct 2006 no longer interm EADs at leat they should issue interm EAD for one whole cycle till every one knows...what a great planing in making public service policies ...thx gain mad mad mad on USCIS

I would have actually managed to apply in time. Unfortunately I called the 800 number first to see if there was any news on my GC. The officer told me it had been approved and should have arrived and reordered a new one for me. I waited for it for a month as he suggested and then called back to be told that it hadn't been approved at all .... and now I'm in EAD hell :(

work on expired EAD

Hi Guys, i am posting this message after I got my EAD, i am sure it will give lot of relief to many who are in same boat, the situation i faced was My ead was expiring and i aplpied late 10 days before it was expiring, since not very risk taking guy I got pank attack what will hapeen to my job, I went to INS and they say they dont issue interm EAD at local office and if your emplyer is letting you work you can, so that it i did that I just got my EAD card after 83 days from date i filed, I had 2 months of GAp where I worked but didnt have EAD, I was skeptical will INS issue query that since you didnt apply 90 days before , what if I was still working nothing like that, I got my EAD everything is green, so those guys who are married to USC and had aplied AOS wotk on expired EAD it will not affect your case, worst case sceanrio if your emplyer finds out you are working on expired EAD it is his fault not yours case not affected as employers are responsible to keep work docs update...will aply next time 6 months before EAD is expring,..cheers

congratulations on getting your EAD through. I'm hoping mine goes quicker, 83 days will put me almost to the end of January!

jimothy & EAD ISSUES?

Guys can you tell me what happens if incase you dont recieve your EAD even after 90 days. Now that local offices dont issue interim EAD's, what is the way to get one? will the interim EAD card come from Service centers as well?

Any info will help. Cheers

Ead

HumsabKKG said:
Guys can you tell me what happens if incase you dont recieve your EAD even after 90 days. Now that local offices dont issue interim EAD's, what is the way to get one? will the interim EAD card come from Service centers as well?

Any info will help. Cheers
Hi HumsabKKG : Sorry for late reply dont check this portals often now, my expereince I had written b4 too, is they are fat in issuing EAD mostly within 90 days , I e filed the package sent all the docouments (which was not asked), and aslo sent documetns again on melody lane ,Lee summit address in missori,...I also went to local office after 70 days they said the same thing no interm EAD issued , I guess they initite query to national benefit center,...good luck

e-filed EAD renewal on july/04/06
august/15/06 they received supporting documentation - as they requested for i-485 application-
i-485 still pending
175 days passed from the original filing date
135 days passed from the date that they received the supporting documentaion
2 INFOPASS appointment- no result-
no more intermEAD
sent letter(s) saying" i-765" outside normal processing time"
called the 800 # and filed for case status inquiry
RFE dec/11/2006(after 5 month from filing!) for special registeration
LUD and e-mail Dec/26/2006 RFE rcvd
LUD Dec/27/2006 (no change to the msg)
NOW WHAT?
they said they need 60 days after they recvd the RFE to decide
I can't wait no more!!
Any help or advice?

EAD_issues said:
Hi Guys, i am posting this message after I got my EAD, i am sure it will give lot of relief to many who are in same boat, the situation i faced was My ead was expiring and i aplpied late 10 days before it was expiring, since not very risk taking guy I got pank attack what will hapeen to my job, I went to INS and they say they dont issue interm EAD at local office and if your emplyer is letting you work you can, so that it i did that I just got my EAD card after 83 days from date i filed, I had 2 months of GAp where I worked but didnt have EAD, I was skeptical will INS issue query that since you didnt apply 90 days before , what if I was still working nothing like that, I got my EAD everything is green, so those guys who are married to USC and had aplied AOS wotk on expired EAD it will not affect your case, worst case sceanrio if your emplyer finds out you are working on expired EAD it is his fault not yours case not affected as employers are responsible to keep work docs update...will aply next time 6 months before EAD is expring,..cheers

Big question is whether this shall haunt you when you renew your EAD again or while getting the 485 approval (or during interview). Or do they not care if empoyer did not.

For those who has a family based I-485, it's much easier to work without EAD than others. I have worked on it for couple of weeks till I got my Interim EADs on 2005.

You have to understand that work permits and whether you're working or not is IRS thing not USCIS... I talked to my lawyer when my EAD was late and he said that the gov. knows that you have family to support...

Good luck everyone...